Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This chap just wants to get out of the army discuss
This chap just wants to get out of the army discuss
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/02/mus...ghanistan/

Quote:A Muslim soldier from Texas who joined the U.S. Army last year now wants to leave the military, claiming he is a conscientious objector whose devotion to Islam has suffered since he took an oath to defend the United States against all enemies.

So he joined the army at a time when the armies main targets are muslim insurgents and then decides that its wrong, he only joined last year!

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: This chap just wants to get out of the army discuss
Probably discovered how many xtian shitwits are in the army.
What is there to discuss? Currently the United States army is a voluntarily staffed and manned army. If someone wants to leave they have the right to leave.
Quote:"I realized through further reflection that God did not give legitimacy to the war in Afghanistan, Iraq or any war the U.S. Army would conceivably participate in," he wrote.

Whereas Bush's god thought it was a great fucking idea!
Quote:"I knew that if I went to Afghanistan and, God forbid, something were to happen, that my faith was so weak that I wouldn't be admitted into heaven….

ROFLOL

Yeah, his invisible friend has made getting past those pearly gates really difficult, hasn't he?
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
(September 23, 2010 at 4:33 pm)lrh9 Wrote: What is there to discuss? Currently the United States army is a voluntarily staffed and manned army. If someone wants to leave they have the right to leave.

There's plenty to discuss. They sign a contract voluntarily. They can't leave unless their reason for leaving is covered in the contract. For the record, being a conscientious objector does not exempt you from the contract.

He should be given a desk job and told to quit his bitching.
(September 23, 2010 at 4:33 pm)lrh9 Wrote: What is there to discuss? Currently the United States army is a voluntarily staffed and manned army. If someone wants to leave they have the right to leave.

You mean morally? There is no such right.

Legally? Not sure that's right. I think a contract is signed. The US military has also used a practice called "Stop loss" preventing soldiers from leaving even once their contract has expired.

The soldier in question is stuffwit. His status of conscientious objector would not be be recognised either in a volunteer army ,nor as a Muslim. There's a technical term used in the Australian army for the young man's predicament: EL FUCKING STIFFO!

Quote:Stop-loss is a term primarily used in the United States military. In the U.S. military, it is the involuntary extension of a service member's active duty service under the enlistment contract in order to retain them beyond their initial end of term of service (ETS) date and up to their contractually agreed end of obligated service (EOS). It also applies to the cessation of a permanent change of station (PCS) move for a member still in military service. Stop-loss was used immediately before and during the first Persian Gulf War. Since then, it has been used during deployments to Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia, Kosovo and after the September 11 attacks and the subsequent War on Terror.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop-loss_policy
(September 23, 2010 at 10:19 pm)padraic Wrote: You mean morally? There is no such right.

Legally?

You know I was referring to legal rights. There are no moral rights as I attest to in my signature.

It is possible he can game the system and get a general discharge, and he always has the option of earning a dishonorable discharge if he wants to do that..
Quote:It is possible he can game the system and get a general discharge, and he always has the option of earning a dishonorable discharge if he wants to do that..

Agreed,but that is not what you said.

You actually said

Quote:Currently the United States army is a voluntarily staffed and manned army. If someone wants to leave they have the right to leave.

That statement is incorrect as far as I can see.

Signature? What signature? Do you mean your description of yourself as a 'metaphysical naturalist"? That sounds like some form of theist to me.
(September 23, 2010 at 10:51 pm)padraic Wrote: Signature? What signature? Do you mean your description of yourself as a 'metaphysical naturalist"? That sounds like some form of theist to me.

Hm. You reminded me I deleted my signature. I regret that now.

You'd be mistaken if you thought a metaphysical naturalist was a theist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Renaming US Army bases. Gawdzilla Sama 28 1243 June 15, 2020 at 7:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Atheists: Where are you? And who wants to know? Sanau 21 1284 March 29, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1545 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3240 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2159 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1010 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 2011 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 850 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2961 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Trump wants a transparent border wall... Rev. Rye 34 5993 July 18, 2017 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire