Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture?
Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture?
Ice kills too? So whats the big deal? If the devil can roam earth, since earth is supposed to be a battle between good and evil. Then how come the devil cant pick up ice from Alaska?. Gehenna, In islam is from the same root word so its a place of fire abyss. The 7th place of hell i think is the abyss which is essentially nothing. And Sulfur doesnt really count. So the only reason is the middle east was always hot, so basically being in a cold place was possibly paradise to them. No wonder they wanted to get to heaven so fast since its like dozens of minus degrees up there. Actually in Dante's Inferno, Ice is actually mentioned in the abyss (aka added outside the bible. The catholics) Which may explain why they use "Hel" as the norse figure for hell. To try to add outside biblical reasons to make sense off their myth to their fellow worshippers. Which may explain the typical "Cold as hell" expression, even though that is an oxymoron by itself.

But thats the problem. To me this seems like some childish bedtime story you will tell to scare people. I actually believed in Christianity for awhile. But now that i actually thought how this is most likely a mythological made belief. Well i honestly have a hard time looking some theist face to face if this honestly makes sense to them. I mean i am not jewish but i can atleast understand how that one atleast makes a tad bit more sense. Ok. So you are dead, ok your body is destroyed, your god heals you, and Gehenna in judaism is ment to purify your soul not burn you for eternity. Actually the devil is simply an accuser, someone who wishes people to fall astray.. now that actually makes more sense than the sects after it with christianity and islam.

Although hadnt it been for Christianity we wouldnt have gotten some inspirational stories like this. But in the end its just pure fairy tales. What do you think?

RE: Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture?
People in desert regions fear fire more than they fear cold, even though deserts can get pretty cold at night. It's a regional thing. Go tell someone in the arctic tundra to worship Jesus, or they'll face hellfire, and that person will probably say that a nice big fire sounds pretty good.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Yap, the Nordic underworld is icy and foggy. That Christian and Islamic hell betrays what ifnorant desert dwellers fears betrays how colloquial and ignorant the "prophets" who made each respective cult realky had been, and how pitiful and yet contemptible those who have seen the world from space and yet remain beholden to these fairytales really are
Hello.

They stole the hell image from the greeks.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hell really is not a new concept. It got popularized by the religions of Abraham. Ask some Jews they will say there is no Hell depending on sect.

But the idea of good vs evil, reward punishment, is a motif far older than the god/s of Abraham. Even in Hinduism and Buddhism, people depending on sect, family, individual, they believe in reincarnation, that if you have done good in a prior life you get an upgrade, but if yo do bad in this life you get downgraded in the next.

If you look at Japanese mythology, they also have a concept of punishment in the "underworld". But the idea of reward punishment exists in our species history. Not even the "trinity" idea is unique to Christianity. In prior Egyptian polytheism, Horus was born as a hero god to Isis and Osiris. In the Egyptian book of the dead, you are written into it, and sit in judgment of Ra, the head god along with Osiris and Horus.

The motif of punishment/judgment is not an invention of Jews or Muslims or Christianity. You can find those ideas in history in much older religions.
Of course, Dante has the deepest sections of Hell frozen in ice. Read the last four canti of the Inferno.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 2, 2017 at 11:15 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Of course, Dante has the deepest sections of Hell frozen in ice. Read the last four canti of the Inferno.

Antiquity fucked up our species logic. Dante really wrote a horror book on par with Stephen King, problem with the people who read that book back then took it way too seriously. But meh, one of my favorite bands back in the 80s wouldn't have existed Styx. Too much time on my hands.

Europe has tons of artwork on their churches reflecting the darkness of threat of hell. Out of all the religious artwork in human history, Christianity is the most bland and or portrays too much blood lust. Islam has much prettier holy places  to me, but I am not arguing the book, just the look. My favorite religious artwork is the Ancient Egyptians. Vibrant full of color.
The Quran says you can see hell with the eye of certainty if you have certain knowledge! What does this mean?  It also states everyone must cross it, what does this mean? It also states in this world hell encompasses the disbelievers! What does this mean?

Indeed the life in the grave is a between stage where reality is opened, but the reality we will be awakened to which is all our actions alive and connected to us,  the hour when it is revealed as opposed  to being hidden right now, will unfold on the day of judgment,  our actions will take on reality with regards to God's light which is his just judgment, it is then we will have the most accurate view of ourselves and others.

But people who awakened their 6th sense can see the hell in this world given they aren't awakened and at the mercy of misguiding Jinn,  and they can see and scent things we have not.

The Quran also mentions the tree of Zaquum which is heads of devils and is the food of hell, but another verse says they will taste nothing but piss. So what does this all mean? It's reality of uncleanness. The fire is as well a metaphor for this awful stench, this awful tasting drink, and it will be like fire on the skin, except there is no real skin, and every time people come use to it which is their metaphorical skin of their souls, it will be changed to a new level which means the skin itself is a new revelation of the uncleanness that they were, which will increase the taste of Zaquum to be worse and there is no getting use to the fire.

There are but 19 Angels that are guardians over the hell and entrusted to afflicting the punishment, they are obedient and do what they are told. Firm in obedience, if told to cut to pieces (metaphorically our hearts when polytheistic deserve this) a person and throw him in hell, they do so fast.

Those who think evil has no negative form and vision from the positive light, who think little of evil deeds, and that God doesn't see it exactly as it is,  obviously will not fear hell.

Those who remember that which truly sees things as they are, sees our deeds as they are, naturally will fear their actions coming to life from the book they themselves write by their own actions.

May God curse the dark enemy of humanity who takes the fear away from the place which is distant from God and evil is it's staying place, and makes people mock what he himself fears.
(April 2, 2017 at 11:09 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Hello.

They stole the hell image from the greeks.

Well, greeks are the ones who wrote the bible, so it's not surprising.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 2, 2017 at 10:41 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Yap, the Nordic underworld is icy and foggy.  That Christian and Islamic hell betrays what ifnorant desert dwellers fears betrays how colloquial and ignorant the "prophets" who made each respective cult realky had been, and how pitiful and yet contemptible those who have seen the world from space and yet remain beholden to these fairytales really are

Our actions have true life,  they get their judgment from a living perception that sees as they are, our mere chemicals in our brains aren't what defines these actions nor stores them nor keeps their value attached to us. That is a clear truth, a certain truth, which religion does justice to this being who maintains every soul by what is has earned, that is up to everyone to find out, but for certain this being would try to save us from its displeasure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 2222 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  My god doesn't owe you an explaination! T.J. 22 2161 November 29, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Jesus and Mary, In Catholicism and Islam Ahriman 32 1917 August 25, 2021 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Is Christianity Inherently Supportive Of Slavery And Misogyny? BrianSoddingBoru4 335 22171 August 23, 2021 at 5:21 am
Last Post: GUBU
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3472 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Prophecy doesn't make sense zwanzig 26 2503 March 12, 2021 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do some people condone hell? SuicideCommando01 45 5437 May 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why is religion especially Christianity so widely practied? GODZILLA 69 6657 February 19, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4828 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  My take on Christianity - Judaism - Islam Mystic 32 6580 November 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Reltzik