Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NASA gives grant for religion.
NASA gives grant for religion.
Didn't know if this was science or religion so I stuck it here. Plus I may be late to the show (finding articles back to July 2016). 

Apparently NASA awarded over 1 million dollars to the Center for Theological Inquiry. FFRF filed a protest. 

From the FFRF site: https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item...s-purposes

The players, Mary Voytek and William Storrar are definitely linked: http://www.princetonmagazine.com/center-...questions/

I think I smell a rat.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: NASA gives grant for religion.
Several rats, it seems.
Dying to live, living to die.
For fucks sake, NASA already has a tiny budget, why did they spend $1 million on such a stupid project to begin with.
(April 4, 2017 at 9:46 pm)Tiberius Wrote: For fucks sake, NASA already has a tiny budget, why did they spend $1 million on such a stupid project to begin with.

'Murica, that's why.
(April 4, 2017 at 9:58 pm)Isis Wrote:
(April 4, 2017 at 9:46 pm)Tiberius Wrote: For fucks sake, NASA already has a tiny budget, why did they spend $1 million on such a stupid project to begin with.

'Murica, that's why.

Even in history the religious or the people who control religion always do something to fuck up a society with ignorance with a fake story.
Hell look at the middle east religion really fucked up a really intellectual society and we see smart people turned into violent crusaders all in the name of a lie
and a false god that doesn't exist.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I could actually see a clinical study of the cultural impact on religious views the discovery of extraterrestrial life might imply; but a grant like that should go to a sociology department at a university, not to Christian foundation.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
You'd think that needing a million dollars to shoehorn your religion with the latest scientific findings would be a red flag.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Florida humanist gives first secular invocation at Brevard County brewer 4 286 February 1, 2021 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mythbusters Grant Imahara dies. Brian37 17 835 July 14, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  This space for rent: NASA considers ads on spacecraft - good or bad? Angrboda 16 612 September 13, 2018 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Weekly Standard Gives Up On The WLB Minimalist 1 401 August 10, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  A non-scientist has been appointed head of NASA. c172 7 1098 April 23, 2018 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  ABC Gives Brian Ross A Four Week Suspension A Theist 6 1133 December 7, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Drich
  Water found on MARS! [Breaking NASA News] Heat 21 3531 September 29, 2015 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Anjem Choudary gives us another reminder Napoléon 6 1158 May 7, 2015 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Israel PM gives speech at UN OP/ED Brian37 4 1518 September 29, 2014 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37