Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A non-scientist has been appointed head of NASA.
A non-scientist has been appointed head of NASA.
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/vice-...ridenstine

https://mashable.com/2018/04/19/jim-brid...3dS2ibJgqX

After months of waiting, NASA finally has a leader again. 

Oklahoma congressman Jim Bridenstine — President Donald Trump's pick to lead the space agency — was just confirmed by the Senate to become the next NASA administrator after an ugly battle that left NASA without a White House-appointed leader for about 15 months.

That marks the longest time NASA has gone without a presidential appointee leading the agency.
SEE ALSO: Trump's pick to lead NASA reveals controversial global warming views

The vote played out mostly along party lines, with 50 votes going for Bridenstine, and 49 against. This is a very partisan result for confirmation of a NASA administrator, and it could put him in a relatively weak position when taking over the agency.

Bridenstine's confirmation was spurred on by the fact that NASA's acting administrator Robert Lightfoot decided to retire at the end of April, potentially leaving a major leadership gap at the agency. 

Bridenstine's appointment was met with resistance in the Senate from the beginning. 

Senators on both sides of the aisle argued that Bridenstine is too politically divisive, wasn't qualified to lead such a large organization, and has no scientific experience to speak of.

Democrats were, for the most part, firmly against his appointment from the start. Even some Republicans were against Bridenstine before ultimately voting in favor of him.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: A non-scientist has been appointed head of NASA.
Well it's not like this does not fit a trend with Trump 

A man who has no business as a world leader appointing some one who has no business leading a science division .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I just hope that the US doesn't get trashed beyond recovery by the time the cheeto is out on his ear. It's like he thinks it's a big game, and he can't jam enough bars in the gears to get himself thrown out of office for it, so he just keeps on doing it.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Look at all the non-believers Trump has revealed/installed in pulpits all across the country.

May not be anyone close to what I'd want for NASA, but I'm loving Trump's doggedness in dismantling Christianity, and the willingness of the Christians to fall in line behind him.

Praise Jesus TRUMP !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I find the Daily Beast article the most disturbing.

"An investigation and review of public records by the Project On Government Oversight shows that, prior to his time in Congress, Bridenstine led a small non-profit organization into hefty financial losses. Some of the losses involved the use of the non-profit’s resources to benefit a company that Bridenstine simultaneously co-owned and in which he’d invested substantial sums of his own money."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-trumps...it-himself
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
A swamp creature ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Word has it that the dildo thinks that this is a documentary.

Someone who knows less about public education than a 1st grader was appointed Secretary of Education.

And an oil company executive who's idea of protecting the environment is destroying it before 2020 is head of the EPA.

Forget Swamp Monsters. Trump puts Foxes in charge of Hen houses.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Head of WHO plays the "Race Card." Can you guess if he's black looking? Duty 9 703 April 14, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Iran's top nuke scientist killed. Brian37 18 957 November 28, 2020 at 1:53 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  A Fy on the Head Secular Elf 11 543 October 10, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  This has to be the most chilling thing he has done. Brian37 29 1658 September 8, 2020 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Thumbs Up Washtenaw Deputy punches woman protestor in head onlinebiker 39 2963 June 5, 2020 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Thumbs Up Last Non-winter onlinebiker 110 4186 April 6, 2020 at 4:12 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban WinterHold 6 738 March 14, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Non-discrimination for atheists Dr H 33 4340 February 26, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Have you been hacked? brewer 0 313 January 18, 2019 at 7:51 am
Last Post: brewer
  NFL Team Considering Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for Head Coach Seraphina 10 1227 November 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive