Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brief History of Evolutionary Theory
Brief History of Evolutionary Theory
The following is copy/pasted from http://evolutionfacts.com/Evolution-handbook/E-H-1.htm

<snip>
"The chief lesson of the history of science is that it is not ignorance that menaces scientific advancement, but rather the illusion of knowledge."
RE: Brief History of Evolutionary Theory

I'm just going to bite my tongue,just as I do with Muslims who want to argue about science in the Qu'an and members of The Flat Earth Society.

Popcorn

When you copy/paste huge texts that are not your own you should give the source, that kind of behavior is against the forum guidelines. Everything you've written here comes from http://evolutionfacts.com/Evolution-handbook/E-H-1.htm

At least have the decency to comment on it or give some personal ideas......
[Image: pPQu8.png]
AtheistPhil--

That also has a book counterpart (which is just everything on the website, but contained in a book). And in that book, on page 11, it says this:

"Copy whatever you want from our website, at no charge, and share it widely."

So, like they did in the book and on the website, I cited the original sources that they got the information from. No rule-breakage here, sorry.

But it's funny that you soooo disliked what I was writing, you thought, "This can't be true. The fathers of evolution couldn't possibly have gotten some of their ideas from so-called 'spirits'! I'm going to Google some of the phrases this guy is using and see what site he's getting it from so that I can confirm my suspicions that it's a relatively unknown site, and therefore bupkis, and therefore I can ignore everything he's saying. Yes!"

And Padraic--

I agree: It probably is best if you stay silent and just observe quietly from the back row.
"The chief lesson of the history of science is that it is not ignorance that menaces scientific advancement, but rather the illusion of knowledge."
Quote:ALTAMONT, TN

What a surprise. Right down the road from Dayton, I'll bet.

You've convinced me of one thing (only). People in Tennessee have never evolved at all.

Thanks for the cut and paste job from the lunatic fringe.

Next!

Talk Origins has a page for refuting creationist bullshit.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html

But we both know you will run and hide from it while clinging to your fucking bible.
Minimalist Wrote:Thanks for the cut and paste job from the lunatic fringe. Next!

Okay, dismiss everything I said based on the the location of the webmaster of the website. You're not doing much to display your "open-mindedness" and willingness to listen. Not very scientific of you, if you ask me. Or if you ask anybody, really. If you don't like a fact, you just claim it's lunacy, and that makes life easy for you. Which is fine, I don't blame you for not wanting to examine the substance of what the theory is made of. Even though I haven't even begun getting into the scientific impossibility of evolution, and how it contradicts science itself. You can't even handle the history of evolution...and all I did was go through part of it.

You can leave now. The close-minded are a hindrance.
Anyone can use Ctrl + C/V dipshit.

If you've got your own arguments post them.

If not fuck off.

I could just as easily post all 30,000 pages from talkorigins.org as a rebuttal.
TheVOID --

You learned what you now believe because you read it or heard it somewhere. You now teach others what you believe based on what you heard. No different than this. I'm not going to fuck off, thanks, smart one.
@thechristophershow
Please dont think that the arguments that you c/p here can't be answered. But a text with that size, require at least an aswer with same size. And since most of the arguments written there is bullshit, its really annoying job to do. So don't expect us to answer this. And dont think that you won. Because its just Ad hominem
If you want to discuss something please don't send some copy past articles. Write your own thoughts.
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
You heard about evolution from other people. You talk to others about evolution based on what you heard. It's the same thing as copy/pasting. Get over it.

One thing, though: You're right. I'm going to create individual threads for individual topics. One thread for the Second Law, another thread asking people what they think about some of today's mainstream evolutionary beliefs based on the disproven and outdated beliefs of the fathers of evolution 100-150 years ago, some of whom said that "spirits" told them the theories.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  evolutionary psychology evolcon 163 10617 October 15, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Fossil worm shows us our evolutionary beginnings zebo-the-fat 0 361 March 24, 2020 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Theory of Evolution, Atheism, and Homophobia. RayOfLight 31 4967 October 25, 2017 at 9:24 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Evolutionary fine tuning ... ignoramus 10 1221 July 26, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Panspermia theory? mediocrates 28 4975 May 24, 2017 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Test My Theory: Macro evolution DOES happen? Gawdzilla Sama 44 12855 December 20, 2016 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Giulio Tononi's Theory of Consciousness Jehanne 11 3323 September 18, 2016 at 6:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Evolutionary Tree RoadRunner79 165 23525 September 8, 2016 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  The simple body test that proves the theory of evolution TubbyTubby 17 2762 March 22, 2016 at 5:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  An Evolutionary Connection Between Plants and Animals? Rhondazvous 2 1023 February 18, 2016 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: ignoramus