Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Proper Introduction
Brick 
A Proper Introduction
First of all I'd like to say hi to all the forum goers here and give an introduction of myself, what I like to do, and why I'm an atheist ect. I'll start off by giving a brief background of how I eventually recognized myself as an atheist and move on from there. 

My conversion I guess you could say, began around my early teenage years. My parents were not religious types to begin with and my grandparents were the only ones that still went to church on a regular basis. As a result our household had little interest in religion. I used to like telling myself there was a god but as the years went by and as I advanced through highschool I eventually came to my senses. I realized that god, or gods depending on the religion, were fictional beings crafted by early humans to explain things they did not understand. 

Now that my back story is out of the way I'll share a few interests and hobbies of mine. I'm first and foremost an outdoorsman, I enjoy fishing, hunting, and being surrounded by nature. I also like to collect antique rifles, but it's not because I'm a paranoid schizophrenic who thinks the government is coming to get me. I grew up around firearms my whole life and had naturally taken an interest in them. My favorite thing to do on a day off is build model tall ships or take a walk out in the woods.

Lastly, my political opinions are of my own. I do not belong to any party or affiliate with any group. I guess if I had to put myself on a left to right spectrum I would be a slight bit to the left with a few outliers.
RE: A Proper Introduction
Welcome!
Welcome to the forum!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

That was indeed a proper introduction. Welcome, TheCentrist, I hope you enjoy it here and I look forward to interesting contributions from you.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Welcome.

Woof. Bang Bang!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Greetings, friend.
A warm welcome to you from the eastern USA
Robert
Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.

Welcome.

Good introduction.

We have pretty good supplies here and almost everything an atheist could need (from puppies to kick, to popcorn for when a theist inevitably appears and tries to convert us all to his religion or variant of his religion). We're currently out of fresh babies but we will have a fresh supply in time for the babyque on Saturday. And the sacrifice to the Dark Lord has been postponed indefinitely as we cannot find any virgins.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome. Trap shooter here.
Indeed welcome, pea shooter here.

(Just kidding. I wouldn't have anything like that around the house. Someone would just break in, grab it and use it against me.}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 733 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 972 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1955 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1412 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3978 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2270 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 2004 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1164 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 978 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2902 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2