Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Deal With the Devil
A Deal With the Devil
I've listened to this creepypasta a few times now (I'm addicted to YouTube creepypasta narrations)... I really like the narrator; he picks really unique and edgy stories to narrate. 

That being said, this particular one is especially salient. I had a hard time choosing in which forum to post it, but I decided Media would cloud the point; Christianity would be too specific, being that some form of devil or devils shows up in just about every (non-secular) religion. Posting it in Philosophy would be... I'll be nice and say... "predictable"; Off Topic, The Arts, A69 (lol)... none of them fit, so it's in Religion.

I've heard the general premise before, but not quite like this. AND! It's less than four minutes long!

Thoughts? At this point I just keep thinking of new ways of spinning the typical themes of the  stories of the devil or Satan... Beelzebub, or whatever-else-have-you.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
RE: A Deal With the Devil
Busy right now (and my headphones are in my pack. But I'll listen to it tomorrow and give you my opinion.
Dying to live, living to die.
Nice twist on a tired old tale. Still a tired old tale though.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

The devil's scary atmosphere is overrated by humans; through the history of mankind all kinds of evil, terrible acts were thrown on Satan and demons; but here's my personal thoughts.

I think he is a good looking creation; he was an angle himself; a servant of God.
He refused to bow to Adam because he was a racist:

Sura 7, Page 152, The Quran:
( 12 )   [Allah] said, "What prevented you from prostrating when I commanded you?" [Satan] said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay."
( 13 )   [Allah] said, "Descend from Paradise, for it is not for you to be arrogant therein. So get out; indeed, you are of the debased.

'That arrogance is just disgusting. That's all  what Satan has: an arrogant racism, that cursed him to dwell down below with the clay he hated so much; and he would get tortured so much seeing the clay go to heaven; while he end up in hell. The clay that follows his footsteps would also end up in hell.

To be honest, all I fear about the devil is his terrible sense of manipulative deceit; his whispers to us to take pride in our skin color, or in self harming ourselves, a cigarette here, a domestic abuse there. Just anything that would bring God's wrath on us; and make us end up in hell like him.

Humans are far more scary; though. The twisted shit they do to each other. Just uh...
The devil supposedly has superpowers and pals around with God, it's pretty understandable that he wouldn't take kindly to being subservient to something less powerful and less aware than he. You can't trust the Abrahamic God, what's to stop him from making a new species that's pathetic compared to humans and demanding that humans become subservient to them?

Serve my new slime people who wallow in their own excretions and prostrate yourself before them!
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
God Vs Satan is as fictional as Superman vs Lex Luther and as fictional as Yoda vs Darth Vader.

I do also get tired of some, not all but some trying to paint Satan as moral. Nope, the character is in on the rigged bet with God and humans ultimately are poker chips in that rigged bet.

You cant have a hero without a villain. It still amounts to human ignorance in not understanding that our species ability to be cruel or compassionate, to seek cooperation or use force, is rooted in our evolution, not mythology, not comic books. Unfortunately evolution does not care how any life gets to the point of reproduction. Fortunately, for humans, when we choose to, we can choose cooperation and compassion, but we don't always do that.
(April 12, 2017 at 9:17 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: ...

Serve my new slime people who wallow in their own excretions and prostrate yourself before them!

I for one welcome our new slime people overlords!
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
I'm kind of meh about that. We've been told Satan as evil. Though the fact that we're told this by people who worship a mass murdering psychopath makes me feel that may not be accurate. Of course one evil being can still call another being evil, and be correct, but the devil's main crime seems to be not wanting to worship Yahweh, whose actions would be considered horrifically evil by a modern audience, if it was committed by anyone else. That makes the devil more relatable than god. The story of the devil is an interesting one, but since it's entirely one-sided, we can't get a good answer. Of course Satan and Yahweh are likely fictional characters, so in the end it doesn't really matter, anymore than analyzing Gandalf and Saruman.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 12, 2017 at 10:22 am)Chad32 Wrote: I'm kind of meh about that. We've been told Satan as evil. Though the fact that we're told this by people who worship a mass murdering psychopath makes me feel that may not be accurate. Of course one evil being can still call another being evil, and be correct, but the devil's main crime seems to be not wanting to worship Yahweh, whose actions would be considered horrifically evil by a modern audience, if it was committed by anyone else. That makes the devil more relatable than god. The story of the devil is an interesting one, but since it's entirely one-sided, we can't get a good answer. Of course Satan and Yahweh are likely fictional characters, so in the end it doesn't really matter, anymore than analyzing Gandalf and Saruman.

No that is a trap, the devil didn't just say "I don't want to follow you" he is still a character that gets you to do his bidding and you STILL end up under his rule of torture as set up by God. It is still a rigged bet. The "I don't want to follow you" isn't about denying existence in that story, it is meant as "I defy you" having nothing to do with the devil using anymore reason and logic or objectivity than the God character. BOTH are selfish narcissists as characters only that one has more power than the other.

Neither are moral characters. It isn't merely likely they are both fictional, they flat out are both fictional. 

I told you where our species morality comes from, and it is in our species, not old books of myth. Just like there is no Yoda or Darth Vader battling to compete for followers. 

That was then, this is now. It was understandable humans made bad guesses as to heaven and the underworld but those motifs of good vs evil existed long before modern monotheism even in prior polytheism. There is no evidence of either regardless.
I had many dreams as a child with Satan as  character. These dreams scared the shit out of me. When I had them as an atheist adult I enjoyed these nightmares as very cool horror short films. My favorite was one where I was in this old restaurant. Each booth had a pleated dark purple curtains. I walked by one booth and Old Scratch was sitting having a drink. The detail of his face was incredible. The cocktail he was enjoying was little pharmaceutical vials of atropine. Then I woke up.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is Religion such a big deal? ScienceAf 14 3354 August 21, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  That Devil-Spawned Edumacation will Minimalist 11 2679 September 10, 2015 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
Wink Play the Devil's Advocate Brometheus 22 2892 March 30, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Brometheus
  Devil's advocate.. lifesagift 60 8681 October 2, 2014 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
Lightbulb The Devil aka. Satan God Is Not Gr8 14 4941 February 25, 2014 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: professor
  Entertaining video: beyonce the devil worshiper. Ziploc Surprise 0 1405 March 7, 2013 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Devil's Advocate IATIA 16 4095 November 25, 2011 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Devil is in the Vatican Welsh cake 11 5126 March 23, 2010 at 9:52 am
Last Post: RedFish
  Aurelius seals the deal? ecolox 22 6874 September 22, 2009 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Deal for Daystar. Edwardo Piet 18 8465 November 9, 2008 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet