Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The only way I could believe .......
The only way I could believe .......
In a bigger cognition is if we were merely experiments, like insects, lab rats, much like humans trap and kill other animals to study them. But even then, the logic is lost as soon as you paint such a head character as perfect and never harming anything ever.

It is understandable that humans study raccoons for rabies and long ago rabbits for pregnancy, but it makes no sense after all this time that an alleged God would say he wants us all to get along but either allows us to suffer, smites those he hates, but still lets his followers, his most strident fans suffer. 

When I say "the only way I can believe" it is strictly metaphor. The logic is not there morally for either a specific club god name or a cosmic lab mad scientist. 

It remains in reality that there is no super hero helping anyone, and the only ones to help humans, AND THE PLANET, are other humans.
RE: The only way I could believe .......
(April 18, 2017 at 6:41 pm)Brian37 Wrote: In a bigger cognition is if we were merely experiments, like insects, lab rats, much like humans trap and kill other animals to study them. But even then, the logic is lost as soon as you paint such a head character as perfect and never harming anything ever.

It is understandable that humans study raccoons for rabies and long ago rabbits for pregnancy, but it makes no sense after all this time that an alleged God would say he wants us all to get along but either allows us to suffer, smites those he hates, but still lets his followers, his most strident fans suffer. 

When I say "the only way I can believe" it is strictly metaphor. The logic is not there morally for either a specific club god name or a cosmic lab mad scientist. 

It remains in reality that there is no super hero helping anyone, and the only ones to help humans, AND THE PLANET, are other humans.

You may well be a good person but you have a problem Brian.
You are very very naive.
I already pointed out all this to you in a previous post in which you think that people should have a neutral view when answer your questions.
Now you show once again your naivety and gullibility by pretending that a father is wrong when punishing his children when they do something wrong.
Not only that but you also declare without any evidence that God smite those he hates.
Control your fantasy son because it can take you the wrong way. Lightbulb
(April 25, 2017 at 8:40 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(April 18, 2017 at 6:41 pm)Brian37 Wrote: In a bigger cognition is if we were merely experiments, like insects, lab rats, much like humans trap and kill other animals to study them. But even then, the logic is lost as soon as you paint such a head character as perfect and never harming anything ever.

You may well be a good person but you have a problem Brian.
You are very very naive.
I already pointed out all this to you in a previous post in which you think that people should have a neutral view when answer your questions.
Now you show once again your naivety and gullibility by pretending that a father is wrong when punishing his children when they do something wrong.
Not only that but you also declare without any evidence that God smite those he hates.

Your words, posted above, "God would say he wants us all to get along but either allows us to suffersmites those he hates, but still lets his followers, his most strident fans suffer. "

That's sick.

Ok, so if you had say 3 kids 4 and 5 and 6 years old, and let one starve to death, let one get raped by a child molester, and only protected one, but all of them were loyal to you and obey'd you, you would be a selective deadbeat? 

Smites those he hates? 

That is sick too. 

Lets say one of those kids or two of those kids do not obey you, that would make it ok to let them starve to death, get raped, or deny them medical care?

In real life if you allow your kids to suffer, in the sane world, those parents get the kids taken away and or arrested. And while some authoritarian parents think it is ok to beat the shit out of their kids, or "smite" them for not obeying, more and more of society is not finding that acceptable.

So if humans are supposed to be more like God, since I hate Trump, does that mean I can beat the shit out of his supporters?

The only way your quote works is if humans are merely his property. I woke up, I don't see humans, much less children as property to either "allow to suffer" or "beat the shit out of" when they do something I don't like.

If that is your idea of morality, you should re consider. But don't try to peddle that to me.
(April 25, 2017 at 8:40 am)Little Rik Wrote: Now you show once again your naivety and gullibility by pretending that a father is wrong when punishing his children when they do something wrong.

What about babies that drown in the flood and get squashed in the earthquake, or are born without kidneys and have few hours to live? What bad did they do wrong? Got born?

(April 25, 2017 at 8:40 am)Little Rik Wrote: Control your fantasy son because...

Brian37, I didn't know Little Rik is your father.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(April 25, 2017 at 9:12 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(April 25, 2017 at 8:40 am)Little Rik Wrote: Now you show once again your naivety and gullibility by pretending that a father is wrong when punishing his children when they do something wrong.

What about babies that drown in the flood and get squashed in the earthquake, or are born without kidneys and have few hours to live? What bad did they do wrong? Got born?

(April 25, 2017 at 8:40 am)Little Rik Wrote: Control your fantasy son because...

Brian37, I didn't know Little Rik is your father.

Dark Helmet "Lonestar, I am your father's cousin's brother's former roommate."

Lonstar, "So what does that make us?"

Dark Helmet, "Absolutely nothing!"
Could always disown him.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(April 25, 2017 at 9:01 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 25, 2017 at 8:40 am)Little Rik Wrote: You may well be a good person but you have a problem Brian.
You are very very naive.

Your words, posted above, "God would say he wants us all to get along but either allows us to suffersmites those he hates, but still lets his followers, his most strident fans suffer. "

That's sick.

Ok, so if you had say 3 kids 4 and 5 and 6 years old, and let one starve to death, let one get raped by a child molester, and only protected one, but all of them were loyal to you and obey'd you, you would be a selective deadbeat?

What garbage are talking about Brian?
A father look after all his children equally.
If then along the way his grown up children (now adult) do something wrong then the karma law will take care of the problem.
If the problem can not be rectify in this life then it will be in a future life.
And if a child suffer in his young age that means that he-she is paying for something that he-she did in a previous life.
Try to avoiding pay your mortgage if you can.
Even if you die your family members will have to continue to pay until the debt has been exhausted.
The karma law work in the same way.
Until the debt has been paid she will chase you life after life.

Quote:Smites those he hates? 
That is sick too. 
Lets say one of those kids or two of those kids do not obey you, that would make it ok to let them starve to death, get raped, or deny them medical care?
In real life if you allow your kids to suffer, in the sane world, those parents get the kids taken away and or arrested. And while some authoritarian parents think it is ok to beat the shit out of their kids, or "smite" them for not obeying, more and more of society is not finding that acceptable.

That is a load o'crap Brian.

One thing that God can not do is to hate.
That would means that some of his plans went wrong and because God is perfect that is not possible.
A human father may well do something wrong but the supreme father can not.

Quote:So if humans are supposed to be more like God, since I hate Trump, does that mean I can beat the shit out of his supporters?

Wrong again Brian.
A seed will become a plant or a tree but until it stay as a seed is not a grown up plant or a tree
therefore it doesn't have the full potential as a grown up adult.
When your seed consciousness will reach God and become one with it then you will know what is right and what is wrong.

Quote:The only way your quote works is if humans are merely his property. I woke up, I don't see humans, much less children as property to either "allow to suffer" or "beat the shit out of" when they do something I don't like.

If that is your idea of morality, you should re consider. But don't try to peddle that to me.

I am afraid Brian that you haven't got an iota of idea about what morality is all about.

Have a good day.  Hi

This post answer Fake Messiah questions as well.  Lightbulb
(April 25, 2017 at 9:58 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(April 25, 2017 at 9:01 am)Brian37 Wrote: Your words, posted above, "God would say he wants us all to get along but either allows us to suffersmites those he hates, but still lets his followers, his most strident fans suffer. "

That's sick.

What garbage are talking about Brian?
If then along the way his grown up children (now adult) do something wrong then the karma law will take care of the problem.
If the problem can not be rectify in this life then it will be in a future life.
And if a child suffer in his young age that means that he-she is paying for something that he-she did in a previous life.
Even if you die your family members will have to continue to pay until the debt has been exhausted.

Quote:Smites those he hates? 
That is sick too. 

That would means that some of his plans went wrong and because God is perfect that is not possible.

Quote:So if humans are supposed to be more like God, since I hate Trump, does that mean I can beat the shit out of his supporters?

Wrong again Brian.
A seed will become a plant or a tree but until it stay as a seed is not a grown up plant or a tree
When your seed consciousness will reach God and become one with it then you will know what is right and what is wrong.

Quote:The only way your quote works is if humans are merely his property. I woke up, I don't see humans, much less children as property to either "allow to suffer" or "beat the shit out of" when they do something I don't like.

I am afraid Brian that you haven't got an iota of idea about what morality is all about.

Have a good day.  Hi

While I am not claiming to be a perfect human being, and never will, I have no history of violence or felony arrests for violence. I haven't even had a speeding ticket since 1999.

Yea, I am well on my way to being a serial killer.   Dodgy

Lecture me about morality when your claimed head character is depicted as getting revenge on a king by taking it out on the Egyptian First born.

Nope, what you are experiencing in your reaction is what is known as cognitive dissonance. 

You not liking my rejection of your claims does not make me evil.
(April 25, 2017 at 10:09 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 25, 2017 at 9:58 am)Little Rik Wrote: What garbage are talking about Brian?

Wrong again Brian.

Have a good day.  Hi

While I am not claiming to be a perfect human being, and never will, I have no history of violence or felony arrests for violence. I haven't even had a speeding ticket since 1999.

Lecture me about morality when your claimed head character is depicted as getting revenge on a king by taking it out on the Egyptian First born.

Nope, what you are experiencing in your reaction is what is known as cognitive dissonance. 

It never came in my mind that you are evil.
All it came is that you are super naive.  Worship
(April 25, 2017 at 10:46 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(April 25, 2017 at 10:09 am)Brian37 Wrote: While I am not claiming to be a perfect human being, and never will, I have no history of violence or felony arrests for violence. I haven't even had a speeding ticket since 1999.

It never came in my mind that you are evil.
All it came is that you are super naive.  Worship

Good, then don't you fucking dare lecture me on morality. You not liking my book review of how a character is depicted in a book, is not my baggage. 

Maybe you need to consider that that book reflects the tribal blind loyalty expected back then, in the times that the book was written, and has no application today because western society has grown up since then.

You are naive, not me. There is no invisible sky hero handing us morality. If an individual does good they do good, if an individual does bad, they do bad. No magic required, no old book of myth need to explain why humans do either good or bad. 

It was understandable BACK THEN that loyalty was expected, because most humans lived under ruling royalty and BACK THEN the mortality rate was much higher, so it was far more important BACK THEN to tow the tribal line. And back then, not just in monotheism, but polytheism, the ruling class mistook their good fortune as coming from a divine place.

None of that character you call GOD, reflects our modern concepts of governing. He isn't elected to his position. The book uses words like, "lord", "master", "slave" and "servant" and "kingdom". BECAUSE that is what humans lived under BACK THEN.

The lead character called "God" in that book is not elected, does not need your consent to rule over you. He cannot be impeached if you don't like what he does. He can do whatever he wants to you and does not have to explain himself to you. He demands loyalty without question. EXACTLY WHAT HUMANS DID BACK THEN, obey'd the king.

How about YOU consider that and take your beer goggles off and stop projecting your idea of "morality" on me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theocracy on the way Spongebob 94 5643 January 19, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 980 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2772 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheists. Does life uh... find a way? Richimorto 6 989 July 29, 2020 at 12:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Photo Only 10% of the Nobel prize winners are atheist ? Now I am a Believer 90 6593 January 28, 2020 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: notimportant1234
  Only 10% of the Nobel prize winners are atheist ? Now I am a Believer 0 559 January 18, 2020 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Now I am a Believer
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3685 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Could this exciting 2019 comedy show about God, concern artificial intelligence? blue grey brain 8 1268 February 22, 2019 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6464 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  If you could correct "god's" mistakes... The Valkyrie 50 12854 April 23, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet