Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So if you are bothered by noise from a nearby air base you are unpatriotic
So if you are bothered by noise from a nearby air base you are unpatriotic
So my local newspaper, the Arizona Daily Star published a Letter to the editor complaining about the noise at the nearby Air Force Base, Davis-Monthan. The letter told about how the noise affects not just a few and several others. Especially students here at my University. The flight path is right over the University, and it is very loud. But I was reading the comments on the story and some people were saying it's the sound of freedom and if you don't like it that makes you a bad American. See, this is the sort of blind nationalism that bothers me. Here is a link to the letter http://tucson.com/news/opinion/letters/l...aign=share

I have posted a picture of some of the comments[Image: 8b32f7a77b904931843e2e8b830609a9.png]

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: So if you are bothered by noise from a nearby air base you are unpatriotic
Davis-Monthan has been there since 1925.
um . . yeah.

People have been known to move from the city to some rural area (like where I'm at) and then they commence bitching about farm equipment on the highways, odors from farms, blocked views at intersections after the corn gets tall, 'farmers' of all people bumping shoulders with them at local doctor/dentist/pharmacies and it goes on and on . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

There's always going to be something to complain about, wherever you go. Though unquestioning loyalty to some person or group is never healthy anyway. Whether it's a country, or a god, or a particular leader, or what. Always question authority.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I love the comment about how DM helps Tucson maintain a middle-class economy.  Funny.  I thought war planes were designed to fight wars and the air force wants to get rid of the flying dinosaur that the A-10 is.  Sure, when the enemy is armed with pick up trucks and machine guns they are safe enough but any opponent with a capable anti-air craft function would turn them into flying coffins for our pilots.

No wonder we piss away so much money on "defense."
It_Was_me, do you know what Justin Que post about the base owing the community millions is about?

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
(April 22, 2017 at 1:47 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: um .  .   yeah.

People have been known to move from the city to some rural area (like where I'm at) and then they commence bitching about farm equipment on the highways, odors from farms, blocked views at intersections after the corn gets tall, 'farmers' of all people bumping shoulders with them at local doctor/dentist/pharmacies and it goes on and on . . .

Hog farms don't really want neighbors.  Tongue  And people in San Diego routinely moved under the flight path of the downtown airport and complained about the noise.  Huh

(April 22, 2017 at 1:47 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: ...blocked views at intersections after the corn gets tall, '  . . .

I lived at the corner of "Tall Corn" and "Taller Corn" in Indiana when I was a kid. We had a car wind up in our living room because one driver was used to looking to see if he could see headlights coming from either side. If not he'd blow the stop sign. Problem that night was the corn was just high enough that he couldn't see another driver being as be an idiot as he was. Both drivers were killed.

On the up side, they didn't run any more stop signs.
I grew up in the train town of North Platte. Muther fucking constant sound of free hobo's.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 22, 2017 at 5:51 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I grew up in the train town of North Platte. Muther fucking constant sound of free hobo's.

But Murica! That is the sound of freedom! haha

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
I stepped outside at night recently, heard a pack of coyotes not too far from the back yard, and some unnamed horror raping or eating some poor little (but surprisingly loudly screeching) critter off the front yard.

An airstrike might have been welcome at that point . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump base and malding syndrome Woah0 3 277 August 26, 2022 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Does anyone understand Trumps base? Atomic Lava 72 6331 June 13, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  Trump's Base is Possibly Growing Yonadav 66 3625 February 25, 2019 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Athene
Tongue Finally a world leader to get Vorlon all hot and bothered over GUBU 2 1432 June 3, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Republicunt Base Is Getting Stupider By The Day Minimalist 1 667 March 14, 2016 at 9:41 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Russian Air Crash Minimalist 4 1410 September 12, 2011 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  glenn beck is off the air the6dead 12 4573 April 7, 2011 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah