Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:46 pm

Poll: Does this seem like it could lead to something terrible?
This poll is closed.
Yes
63.64%
7 63.64%
No
9.09%
1 9.09%
Blueberry Muffins
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump calls ENTIRE SENATE to White House for North Korea Briefing...
Trump calls ENTIRE SENATE to White House for North Korea Briefing...
Quote:Top Trump administration officials will hold a rare briefing on Wednesday at the White House for the entire U.S. Senate on the situation in North Korea.

All 100 senators have been asked to the White House for the briefing by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and General Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said White House spokesman Sean Spicer on Monday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northk...SKBN17Q1LR

My Dad told me about this happening as soon as I got up. He fears this could lead to war. All I can say is I hope we get China in on this before we actually start bombing. From what I can gather, their admittedly faint support is the only thing that's kept North Korea going for the past few decades.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: Trump calls ENTIRE SENATE to White House for North Korea Briefing...
Any sentence with the word "Trump" in it is ominous.  The shitball does not know what he is doing.
Well I still get one more night of peaceful sleep at least.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Someone should be assigned to count the Senators as they go into the White House, then count them again when they come out.  Just saying.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A trip to your local supermarket could lead to something terrible. A car cash. Botulism.

Mixing 45 with NK seems much more likely to lead to something YUGELY terrible, though. What can we do? Crazy people are in charge. People who think Higher Education is brainwashing and multiculturalism = white genocide. For real. (This doesn't even mention chemtrails, deep state, luminati level of crazy which also has a lot more than a foothold these days).

I'm just going to keep going about my life. There really isn't anything else to do.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(April 25, 2017 at 11:20 am)Minimalist Wrote: Any sentence with the word "Trump" in it is ominous.  The shitball does not know what he is doing.

after all he said were going to go balls deep into syria fuck up assad and get things done
yet not a god damn thing happened.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(April 25, 2017 at 9:06 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(April 25, 2017 at 11:20 am)Minimalist Wrote: Any sentence with the word "Trump" in it is ominous.  The shitball does not know what he is doing.

after all he said were going to go balls deep into syria fuck up assad and get things done

lol, someone hasn't been watching the news.

Wasting $80 million on a fireworks show is not exactly "nothing."
(April 25, 2017 at 9:06 pm)dyresand Wrote:

I personally don't want us involved in that at all. So what do you think will happen when the Syrian armed forces are subdued, the regime is toppled, and we find the same.goddamned thing.we found out in Iraq and Afghanistan - nation building is bloody and unmanageable in that region.

What happens then? The effort loses public support - if it had any - and we likely withdraw.

Look to examples from fairly recent history for what is likely to happen then. Vietnam and Iraq provide two prominent examples. (I'm well aware that in Vietnam the USA had not achieved military victory, however the overarching point that when you leave a vacuum​, what fills that vacuum is no longer in your control, if it ever was.)

"Doing something" constructively here would be lessening our dependence on petroleum and staying out of such no-win situations in the first place. Yeah, we won't be doing that either.
(April 25, 2017 at 9:06 pm)dyresand Wrote: after all he said were going to go balls deep into syria fuck up assad and get things done

So... the attack on the Syrian airfield was nothing to you?

(April 26, 2017 at 1:07 am)Minimalist Wrote: Wasting $80 million on a fireworks show is not exactly "nothing."

$93,810,000

(April 26, 2017 at 2:00 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I personally don't want us involved in that at all.  So what do you think will happen when the Syrian armed forces are subdued, the regime is toppled, and we find the same.goddamned thing.we found out in Iraq and Afghanistan - nation building is bloody and unmanageable in that region.

[..]

Don't worry, Syria's main allies - Russia, China, Iran and North Korea - wouldn't let that happen anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 628 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  House Bill 6720 Jehanne 19 2522 December 16, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christian hate-preacher calls for the execution of ‘every single homosexual’. Jehanne 63 4232 June 28, 2022 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  That pro white thread. TheClearCleanStuff 161 21402 May 5, 2022 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 3901 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Flint Pastor Calls for Cease Fire onlinebiker 1 255 August 13, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 2662 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 966 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  More entitled white woman problems. brewer 62 2745 December 30, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  Your Villain Is Served - Middle Aged White Man Duty 15 1101 December 27, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate