Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question for my son
question for my son
Okay...so many of you know that my 15 year old son is gay. No matter.... He is going to his boyfriend's prom tomorrow in a beautiful dress and since this is new territory for me, I'm wondering if he needs to wear a bra with it. He's flat chested, obviously, so if a bra is needed, I need some guidance on what kind to get and do we put anything in it or what?

He jokingly said "socks!". I'm thinking no, just no.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: question for my son
Does the dress have a gap where breasts would be that need filling in?  If yes, then you will need to do something about that (maybe some sort of padded bralett?), but if not, then no.

Also, if there is a gap, could it be altered to take in the breast area?  Or does he want the appearance of breasts?  It seems like it depends on both the dress construction and what your son wants.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
What about balloons?
Maybe don't inflate them too much.

Paper Mache? Perhaps make the cups and then stitch them to the inside of the bra?
You can use 2-3 layers of rubber breast pads which would probably be the most comfortable option, but you should consult with your son first on whether he actually wants the appearance of breasts.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I know I wasn't asked, but I'll confess that seeing both members of a same sex high school prom couple in matching suits or matching gowns would really be a day brightener for me.

Badger Badger
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 5, 2017 at 2:13 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I know I wasn't asked, but I'll confess that seeing both members of a same sex high school prom couple in matching suits or matching gowns would really be a day brightener for me.

Badger Badger

Don't be silly Vorls...
No one said that they're both gay? Tongue
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 5, 2017 at 3:21 am)ignoramus Wrote: Don't be silly Vorls...
No one said that they're both gay? Tongue
I presume they're both quite happy Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(May 4, 2017 at 11:41 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Okay...so many of you know that my 15 year old son is gay. No matter.... He is going to his boyfriend's prom tomorrow in a beautiful dress and since this is new territory for me, I'm wondering if he needs to wear a bra with it. He's flat chested, obviously, so if a bra is needed, I need some guidance on what kind to get and do we put anything in it or what?

He jokingly said "socks!". I'm thinking no, just no.

It reads like he's also starting to present as a trans woman, which would make her hetero if she's attracted to men. Unless the costume is just to make a point, of course.
Sum ergo sum
I'd go with balloons filled with jello or pudding. A walking treat!

Joke, what the hell does this old fart know about falsies.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Okay...he said he wants the appearance of breasts. He's not trans, he just loves women's clothes. And he loves to dress up. So...the rubber breast pads sound great. I just don't know where I can find any on such short notice.

Oh..and he and his boyfriend are extremely happy. Smile
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeing a Woman: A conversation between father and son. Catholic_Lady 7 1223 January 18, 2016 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8695 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
  "Answer the Question with a Question" Game Rayaan 101 17262 August 14, 2012 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  My 7 year old son schools teacher and class on evolution Erinome 31 13335 March 23, 2012 at 12:35 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Oregon City faith healers say son's death was not a crime Amphora 11 4727 December 18, 2009 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Zhalentine