Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Maher Discusses The Lesser of Two Evils
Bill Maher Discusses The Lesser of Two Evils
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/go-fck-y...ith-trump/

Scroll down for the video.
RE: Bill Maher Discusses The Lesser of Two Evils
I didn't think Hillary would be very good, but I knew she'd be better than Trump, so I voted for her.
I thought she would be 8 more years of Obama-like policies, but she'd have known what the fuck she was doing, she'd not be starting a war in NK, she'd not be damaging international relations nearly non-stop, and she'd not be rolling back the clock on Climate Change, Education, Civil Rights, Separation between Church and State, etc etc etc.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 6, 2017 at 3:40 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I thought she would be 8 more years of Obama-like policies, but she'd have known what the fuck she was doing, she'd not be starting a war in NK, she'd not be damaging international relations nearly non-stop, and she'd not be rolling back the clock on Climate Change, Education, Civil Rights, Separation between Church and State, etc etc etc.

Yeah.... but she didn't tell the morons that she'd build them a nice, shiny wall, either.
(May 6, 2017 at 3:40 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I thought she would be 8 more years of Obama-like policies, but she'd have known what the fuck she was doing, she'd not be starting a war in NK, she'd not be damaging international relations nearly non-stop, and she'd not be rolling back the clock on Climate Change, Education, Civil Rights, Separation between Church and State, etc etc etc.

Other than climate change (which may kill all of us, or at least our descendants), my prediction is that Trump will be the best thing for progressivism.
Trump and Clinton aside, I absolutely, positively cannot stand Bill Maher.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Your loss.
(May 6, 2017 at 7:29 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Trump and Clinton aside, I absolutely, positively cannot stand Bill Maher.

Boru

No one's perfect; I heard that he was a speed writer for LBJ, and he sneaked one of the first mentions of climate change into one of LBJ's State of the Union speeches.
I... I....
This is about Maher, so I felt like I had to post something. Anything. Good day. Angel
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
I like Maher.
His point in this instance is bang on and it actually applies to others besides Clinton. I find too many liberals are looking for perfection in their public representatives. You can be 99% liberal but disagree on one point and your the fucking racist sexist homophobic enemy.
That "more liberal than thou" mindset hurts the very people and institutions that liberals are trying to help.
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2336 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 350 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  TX social media censorship bill Fake Messiah 24 2136 September 14, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Crypto bill paulpablo 31 2674 August 19, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1249 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Az Lawmaker introduces scary bill. Brian37 40 3466 February 1, 2021 at 10:29 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Moral Obligation to Choose the Lesser Evil DeistPaladin 79 5525 September 25, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Equal pay for women's soccer or no Fed funding bill brewer 55 4797 August 4, 2019 at 7:25 am
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1014 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
  Farm Bill Food Fight The Grand Nudger 20 3575 May 15, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Fireball