Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What up TX, faith based adoptions/foster care?
What up TX, faith based adoptions/foster care?
This is just disturbing on so many levels. 

Quote: "Not only could agencies turn away hopeful parents under the religious freedom provision, but they could require children in the foster care system to comply with their faith-based requirements....". "That means child welfare organizations could send LGBT kids to conversion therapy, a treatment designed to turn people straight...".

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...6-23-37-24
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: What up TX, faith based adoptions/foster care?
Faith-based agencies should get their blue noses out of the adoption business.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
At a minimum, the state should not help fund them.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Damn, I'd have a hard time placing even an orphan with Muslim heritage in a pious (keeping in mind how I define that) Muslim household. Particularly a female one, or even a male if there is a cultural risk of a bacha bazi situation.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It's Texass.  What do you expect?
Add that to the list of reasons to hate religion.

-Teresa
Is it OK for Texas state legislators to adopt children ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 7, 2017 at 2:13 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Is it OK for Texas state legislators to adopt children ??

I think they should be required to adopt every unwanted child their draconian laws cause to be born.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
why wouldn't even advocating that be considered abuse?

Note:

I'm old enough to recall when it was seriously discussed in the Chicago area that merely referring a child to Child Protective Services was de facto child abuse (IANMTU)

religious based protected abuse is going to happen as a result.
Guy: oh.. um... i touched little billy because erm.. Jesus wanted me too
Billy: he did things to me
Police: where did he touch you billy
Billy: so many places
Guy: i did it because goooooood and jesus said i could

im done but you get the point
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health care people and first responders - let us know how you are. arewethereyet 22 1896 April 26, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Yeah...Murrican Health Care is Fucking Marvelous Minimalist 9 1129 August 28, 2018 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Barbara Bush in failing health. Only recieving comfort care now. c172 14 2302 April 17, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Trump Administration bans CDC from using terms like "Science Based" and "Transgender" Cecelia 38 4878 December 20, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Racist letter sent to day care center Catholic_Lady 51 8521 October 11, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: John V
  This Sounds Like The WLB on Health Care Minimalist 0 504 September 4, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Latest Republicunt Health Care Travesty Minimalist 38 9255 July 24, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  US health care system rated the worst Foxaèr 0 771 July 15, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Don't look now women but the court says it's OK to pay you less based on history. brewer 4 1650 April 27, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  White House Doesn't Want It Called Trump Care Minimalist 32 6969 March 15, 2017 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Alex K