Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Administration bans CDC from using terms like "Science Based" and "Transgender"
Trump Administration bans CDC from using terms like "Science Based" and "Transgender"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...f7b387792c

List of words the CDC can't use anymore:

Fetus
Science-Based
Transgender
Evidence-Based
Vulnerable
Diversity
Entitlement

Yeah, totally not fascism or anything like that.  This is just crazy.  What's next?  "All scientific claims must start with "God"?"  Republicans will quietly gloss over this, acting like this is totally normal.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: Trump Administration bans CDC from using terms like "Science Based" and "Transgender"
How can you operate in the CDC and NOT use these words. How will they refer to a child in utero? Beanie Baby? What possible rationale could one have for banning the term evidence-based? That's bullshit.
RE: Trump Administration bans CDC from using terms like "Science Based" and "Transgender"
Jesus Fucking Christ.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 16, 2017 at 2:43 am)Cecelia Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...f7b387792c

List of words the CDC can't use anymore:

Fetus
Science-Based
Transgender
Evidence-Based
Vulnerable
Diversity
Entitlement

Yeah, totally not fascism or anything like that.  This is just crazy.  What's next?  "All scientific claims must start with "God"?"  Republicans will quietly gloss over this, acting like this is totally normal.

That's double plus ungood.

Newspeak is the fictional language in the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, written by [b]George Orwell[/b]. It is a controlled language created by the totalitarian state Oceania as a tool to limit freedom of thought, and concepts that pose a threat to the regime such as freedom, self-expression, individuality, and peace.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

While sad and stupid, I'm sure the people at the CDC will find alternate terms to use.

For example: fetus: new substitute word/phrase: implanted dick parasite.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 16, 2017 at 8:19 am)mh.brewer Wrote: While sad and stupid, I'm sure the people at the CDC will find alternate terms to use.

Or they could be really devious and spell it proper: foetus.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(December 16, 2017 at 8:19 am)mh.brewer Wrote: While sad and stupid, I'm sure the people at the CDC will find alternate terms to use.

Toothpick fish?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Well . .

unensouled parasitic tissue for 'fetus' would be scripturally and technically correct.  I'm not seeing a problem here.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I remember one of the rare good things about Trump early on was that he was cool with the LGBT community. Apparently the rest of the administration got rid of that real quick.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

"In some instances, the analysts were given alternative phrases. Instead of “science-based” or ­“evidence-based,” the suggested phrase is “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,” the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered."

"Science in consideration with community standards and wishes"?

I can see where that is going!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Bad idea CDC onlinebiker 30 2207 May 15, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Michigan Bans Open Carry of Firearms at Polling Places onlinebiker 101 5531 October 29, 2020 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The impeachment of Trump suddenly looks like much more than just a theory WinterHold 45 3809 January 10, 2020 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Michigan Bans Flavored E Cigarettes onlinebiker 48 3661 September 13, 2019 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Trump sabotaging climate science (again). Jehanne 15 910 May 30, 2019 at 2:52 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  FB bans 'dangerous' individuals Foxaèr 155 9451 May 13, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Zealand Bans Assault Weapons chimp3 61 5812 March 28, 2019 at 8:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  New Zealand Bans Manifesto BrianSoddingBoru4 74 6467 March 24, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Beto using the right tactic. Brian37 36 4481 March 18, 2019 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  THE WLB Will Appoint This Moron To Run The CDC Minimalist 1 424 November 5, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Angrboda