Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enjoy The Show, Europe
Enjoy The Show, Europe
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/now-they...ock-trump/

Quote:‘Now they see the clownish nature’: Europeans brace for visit from ‘laughingstock’ Trump

Quote:Weeks ago, many U.S. allies in Europe were living in fear of what newly-elected President Donald Trump would do with regards to the stability and safety of Europe.
Now, however, after Trump’s inept, scandal plagued first months in office, people who spoke with Germany-based Politico correspondent Susan B. Glasser said, “The dominant reaction to Trump right now is mockery.”
“People are less worried than they were six weeks ago, less afraid,” said one German government official to Glasser. “Now they see the clownish nature.”
“People here think Trump is a laughingstock,” another German national confided to Glasser in Berlin.
RE: Enjoy The Show, Europe
"People here think Trump is a laughingstock."

People there are correct. Pity that so much of our electorate don't see it.
Of course we do. Doesn't everyone at this point?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

If I cringed any harder, I'd be having a full-blown seizure. From the article:

“The president of the United States has a 12-second attention span,” said NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg to a “former senior official” after an April meeting with Trump in the Oval Office. Furthermore, Stoltenberg said, the president seemed unprepared and ill-informed during the meeting, attempting to steer the conversation with NATO representatives to North Korea, which is not a part of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)’s charter, since it is not located in the North Atlantic.

“Some of the reported preparations for the NATO session in Brussels this week suggest just how much the volatile-clown theory of the American president has now taken hold,” wrote Glasser.
•NATO has downsized what was to be a full summit meeting to just a dinner on May 25 “to minimize the chance of a Trump eruption.”
•Leaders have been told to keep their remarks under four minutes or they’ll lose Trump’s attention.
•Leaders have also been advised to present something to Trump that looks like a deal —
what diplomatic parlance calls a “deliverable” — some tangible, if meaningless, offer to make the president feel like he’s accomplished something special."

The so-called leader of the free world is being prepared for as if a bunch of adults with important shit to do have to make plans for how to keep an unruly child distracted and entertained so the grown-ups can talk. Fuck me! I already feel nauseated thinking of Trump's inevitable word salad of delusional, self-congratulatory bullshit and petulant whining that will follow.

Dear rest of the world,

I'm so fucking sorry about all of this. I didn't vote for him, but that hardly matters now. He's disgraced all of us in the U.S. and we have to answer for that. I don't know what else to say . . . other than please keep him.

With love and deep regret,
Crossless1
It is a bit of an emotional turmoil. On one side its laughable, on the other side is crying as the most powerfull nation on earth, elected... that..

There is nothing we can do.
I heard on the news here he is on saudi arabia strenghthening the bonds with muslim nations. Good luck with that, but I also heard he is strucking a deal of 90 bils over weapons.

I... have no words to describe the fuckwittery here.
Melania, Ivanka, and at least one female translator are scarfless and yet Allah is not flinging lightning bolts (or machetes) around the fucking kingdom.

Hmmmm . . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

On the plus side, maybe he'll be so jet-lagged he'll be too tired to tweet...one can hope.

-Teresa
(May 20, 2017 at 8:20 am)Alex K Wrote: Of course we do. Doesn't everyone at this point?

If only.  There are too many people whose only response to evidence that they've made a bad choice is to deny and double down .. pretty much like the goofus in office.
(May 20, 2017 at 12:03 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: On the plus side, maybe he'll be so jet-lagged he'll be too tired to tweet...one can hope.

-Teresa

Shit, his 3am tweets are the way Trump incriminates himself. We need those tweets to continue!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's a social pandemic poisoning Europe: hatred of Muslims WinterHold 23 1340 November 2, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Dems don't show up. onlinebiker 14 705 October 23, 2020 at 7:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: First Images of Saudi Nuclear Reactor Show Plant Nearing Finish WinterHold 0 280 April 3, 2019 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump Turns G-7 into a Reality Show Jehanne 136 15710 June 14, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Hey Trumptards - Enjoy Your Sore Assholes Minimalist 60 6779 May 19, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  In a stunning show of support for our troops, we seek to deport a vet with PTSD. The Grand Nudger 2 450 February 2, 2018 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Zombie Banks In Europe brewer 0 376 October 17, 2016 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Just to show, who's boots we're licking in the EU, as well as in the USA abaris 9 2598 January 4, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Pope calls on Europe’s Catholics to take in refugees Fake Messiah 8 2205 November 14, 2015 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  The Daily Show Examines Two Scandals... Minimalist 0 710 April 23, 2015 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist