Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The CBO Analysis of the Republicunts' WeDon'tCare health bill.
The CBO Analysis of the Republicunts' WeDon'tCare health bill.
As usual, the republicunts are full of shit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/upsho...&te=1&_r=0

Quote:The Congressional Budget Office published its assessment of the House health bill on Wednesday, and warned that a last-minute amendment made to win conservative votes would result in deeply dysfunctional markets for about a sixth of the population. In those places, insurance would fail to cover important medical services, and people with pre-existing illnesses could be shut out of coverage, the budget office said.

It found that about half the country would face thinner coverage for people who buy their own insurance, as it would be unlikely to include mental health and addiction treatment services, maternity care or rehabilitation services. Medical deductibles would also increase.
RE: The CBO Analysis of the Republicunts' WeDon'tCare health bill.
Ain't it a little tough to cite the CBO on anything considering how many times they have punted in the past ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I suppose you could rely on Louis Gohmert or Paul Ryan.

And then hope to fuck you don't get sick.
I don't want us only being all smiles and rainbows with the CBO when we agree with their conclusions. And times I've agreed with a CBO analysis and they have been proven wrong have come back to bite bite bite.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The CBO assessment is hardly a surprise. At most, it gives people an additional glimpse into the mendacity of the GOP.

In the end, it doesn't matter at all. Everyone knows this bill is DOA in the Senate. What remains to be seen is what sort of bill the Senate Republicans can hammer together and whether they will deal in good faith with the Democrats. I doubt the result will be a huge improvement, but they're at least smart enough to know that kicking 23 million people to the curb is political suicide. Maybe they'll decide that kicking "only" 15 million off their coverage is acceptable. We'll see.

Two things I'm watching for: (1) Will the resulting Senate bill be hard to distinguish from the ACA and, if so, will their supporters even understand how they got played, and (2) what shameless line of bullshit will House GOP members, whose seats are up for grabs in the mid-terms, try to sell to their constituents (and will it work)?
If they don't fuck those 23 million people they will never get the scumbags in the "Freedom Caucus" to vote for it.

This bill has nothing to do with health care.  It is a tax cut for rich republicunt scumbags.  Period.
(May 26, 2017 at 11:59 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I don't want us only being all smiles and rainbows with the CBO when we agree with their conclusions.  And times I've agreed with a CBO analysis and they have been proven wrong have come back to bite bite bite.

I get what you're saying saying, but the bill in question rolls back a lot of the ACA features that ensured tens of millions of people could be insured. It's not much of a stretch to suggest what's likely to happen, and frankly, I have no reason to doubt the CBO's conclusions.

"They've been wrong before" is pretty terrible reasoning.
BTW, the CBO did pretty good on Obamacare.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/03/cbos-ob...-accurate/

I have no doubt that they are pretty close on WeDon'tCare.
(May 26, 2017 at 11:59 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I don't want us only being all smiles and rainbows with the CBO when we agree with their conclusions.  And times I've agreed with a CBO analysis and they have been proven wrong have come back to bite bite bite.

Actually the analysis this time is smiles and rainbows too... the actual effects will be more devastating than they suggested.

Just try to imagine a few hundred trumptards running around the country... without mental healthcare
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(May 26, 2017 at 12:26 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

I get what you're saying saying, but the bill in question rolls back a lot of the ACA features that ensured tens of millions of people could be insured.  It's not much of a stretch to suggest what's likely to happen, and frankly, I have no reason to doubt the CBO's conclusions.

"They've been wrong before" is pretty terrible reasoning.

Have they ever been right ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House Bill 6720 Jehanne 19 2584 December 16, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I Think Bill Maher Lied CarveTheFive 23 1367 May 17, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1261 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Harriett Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill Fake Messiah 141 6461 January 27, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Health care people and first responders - let us know how you are. arewethereyet 22 1896 April 26, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Is There No Bottom To The Republicunts' Depravity? Minimalist 25 1448 September 26, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Clinton campaign declined Bill Maher's help cause he's an atheist. CapnAwesome 21 1578 September 21, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Bill Daily dead at 91 Foxaèr 1 350 September 10, 2018 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yeah...Murrican Health Care is Fucking Marvelous Minimalist 9 1129 August 28, 2018 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Bill Cosby Guilty! c172 139 22253 May 11, 2018 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear