Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian are full of shit
Christian are full of shit
I got a call from my dad today with some bad news about a pastor he mentored and loves. He let me know that his dear friend has turned himself in for sexually assaulting his 12 year old relative on several accounts. His wife, who is turning to god for help, caught him. He is in his 40's and there is no excuse for him to be working with kids if these are his desires. Gossip travels quick in the christian bubble and everyone is shocked and devastated. Sure its weird to hear that a guy I knew and admired did a shameful cruel thing, but id be more shocked if he wasnt christian. Sadly, I've seen so much of this throughout my decades in the church. Two of my youth pastors married girls they met as kids in their Sunday school class. I think its important  for christians to recognize is that god doesnt help or stop you from doing bad shit. When you pretend he does then shit really does happen.
I was a born-again christian for many years then I got woke.. and now life is better in so many ways. It's taking me time to see my value and find my voice, but the reward is liberating knowing my path is not dictated or controlled by fear of death and the unknown.  Casting off the shackles of religion is pretty fucking awesome. The beautiful people I've met on this forum have more heart and compassion than any group of people I've been apart of. So back off Jesus and followers, because this bitch is done with Chu.  Shy 

RE: Christian are full of shit
Putting yourself forward as gods moral compass for the community can certainly come back to bite you in the ass.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 3, 2017 at 7:53 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Putting yourself forward as gods moral compass for the community can certainly come back to bite you in the ass.

More often than not is my impression...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I mean if you are trusted bu your community, e.g. "a man of god couldn't do harm", the easier you can gain access to kids. and Parents let their guard down because a priest/pastor/imam/whatever the fuck he is be alone with their child, because they are clearly more moral beings, by authority.
When I was a little child playing with hot wheels and talking rocks, I learned that preachers can get away with anything, because the god is merciful, he forgives, and if you say anything, nobody will believe you. I didn't think of trying my chances. I just believed that. When I was a grown adult with issues and toxic patterns always deverting my life from where it could be better, I learned he died a slow and painful death by an unforgiving disease. I stood there waiting for the glee to kick in. I waited for that feeling of ah hah! Take that you piece of shit! But instead I thought of his daughter. I wondered if she was ok. His wife turned to prayer? To prayer? To the god that didn't step in to stop the sexual assault, because free fucking will and stuff? To that same god who cared more about his free will than her safety and future? Than her future relationship fails, her sleepless nights, her bad habits, her lack of self esteem, her distrust, her mind fucking guilt trips and sabotage that can stand in the way of normal? Damn right Christians are full of shit. I know many mean well. I get it. I make myself remember I was a Christian years ago. I get it, but... fuck.

Worst part? That kid may grow up still having faith, because brainwashing. The kid will pray, too, and when the god doesn't answer, she might think it's her fault.

Note: if drich comments in this thread...  Angry
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Yeah, I don't find it surprising at all when I hear of religious leaders messing with kids. They're horribly repressed, and have a feeling of power, and possibly have been violated themselves in the past. I don't know what the wife thinks prayer is going to accomplish here. Their god certainly didn't answer their daughter's prayers, if it happened more than once.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Quote:I think its important  for christians to recognize is that god doesnt help or stop you from doing bad shit

'God' doesn't do much of anything, my dear.  Except provide a lucrative scam for these holy joes who can't keep it in their pants.
(June 3, 2017 at 9:31 am)J a c k Wrote: When I was a little child playing with hot wheels and talking rocks, I learned that preachers can get away with anything, because the god is merciful, he forgives, and if you say anything, nobody will believe you. I didn't think of trying my chances. I just believed that. When I was a grown adult with issues and toxic patterns always deverting my life from where it could be better, I learned he died a slow and painful death by an unforgiving disease. I stood there waiting for the glee to kick in. I waited for that feeling of ah hah! Take that you piece of shit! But instead I thought of his daughter. I wondered if she was ok. His wife turned to prayer? To prayer? To the god that didn't step in to stop the sexual assault, because free fucking will and stuff? To that same god who cared more about his free will than her safety and future? Than her future relationship fails, her sleepless nights, her bad habits, her lack of self esteem, her distrust, her mind fucking guilt trips and sabotage that can stand in the way of normal? Damn right Christians are full of shit. I know many mean well. I get it. I make myself remember I was a Christian years ago. I get it, but... fuck.

Worst part? That kid may grow up still having faith, because brainwashing. The kid will pray, too, and when the god doesn't answer, she might think it's her fault.

I'd love to hear Drich comment. Seems like he might have all the answers Wink

(June 3, 2017 at 9:47 am)Chad32 Wrote: Yeah, I don't find it surprising at all when I hear of religious leaders messing with kids. They're horribly repressed, and have a feeling of power, and possibly have been violated themselves in the past. I don't know what the wife thinks prayer is going to accomplish here. Their god certainly didn't answer their daughter's prayers, if it happened more than once.

Exactly. Thats why the idea of god makes zero sense. Some rich woman in Beverly Hills is praying to get the ketchup stain out of her blouse while a kid is begging god to stop this man from hurting her. God gets the ketchup stain out and is praised while this girl continues to suffer with unanswered prayer. God is an ass if he's real.

(June 3, 2017 at 9:31 am)J a c k Wrote: When I was a little child playing with hot wheels and talking rocks, I learned that preachers can get away with anything, because the god is merciful, he forgives, and if you say anything, nobody will believe you. I didn't think of trying my chances. I just believed that. When I was a grown adult with issues and toxic patterns always deverting my life from where it could be better, I learned he died a slow and painful death by an unforgiving disease. I stood there waiting for the glee to kick in. I waited for that feeling of ah hah! Take that you piece of shit! But instead I thought of his daughter. I wondered if she was ok. His wife turned to prayer? To prayer? To the god that didn't step in to stop the sexual assault, because free fucking will and stuff? To that same god who cared more about his free will than her safety and future? Than her future relationship fails, her sleepless nights, her bad habits, her lack of self esteem, her distrust, her mind fucking guilt trips and sabotage that can stand in the way of normal? Damn right Christians are full of shit. I know many mean well. I get it. I make myself remember I was a Christian years ago. I get it, but... fuck.

Jack,
Your so right. Your so right about how the pain of that child will continue to affect her throughout her life. 
People need to speak up when they hear or see these things happening. On the other forum I'm on a girl told how she was molested by her uncle at 7 and told her mother. Her mother did nothing! Thats the part that breaks my heart. Leaving her to feel the shame for her uncles abuse. Its sooo fucked up Sad
I was a born-again christian for many years then I got woke.. and now life is better in so many ways. It's taking me time to see my value and find my voice, but the reward is liberating knowing my path is not dictated or controlled by fear of death and the unknown.  Casting off the shackles of religion is pretty fucking awesome. The beautiful people I've met on this forum have more heart and compassion than any group of people I've been apart of. So back off Jesus and followers, because this bitch is done with Chu.  Shy 

You'd love to hear drich comment? You'll just have to wait and see. I can't watch and stay cool, though.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(June 3, 2017 at 2:28 pm)J a c k Wrote: You'd love to hear drich comment? You'll just have to wait and see. I can't watch and stay cool, though.

If Drich is really in fellowship with other christians I'm sure he knows a few of these hypocrites. Maybe deep down Drich has a big heart and want to stop the madness. Heart I think probably not, but if he has the cahunas he'd say something.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time for some Halloween shit. brewer 142 5400 November 4, 2023 at 4:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Full freezer conundrum onlinebiker 5 394 September 18, 2020 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 1983 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  What we really lost in all this shit... Gawdzilla Sama 7 1151 April 20, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Full-blown nerdathon... Gawdzilla Sama 17 1241 May 13, 2019 at 4:02 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Stupid shit you've seen. Gawdzilla Sama 44 5753 December 26, 2018 at 9:57 am
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2065 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
  I’m too old for this shit! J a c k 42 3053 September 26, 2018 at 10:34 am
  Maybe the Shit should hit the Fan fromdownunder 2 529 September 12, 2018 at 6:03 am
  Well, Stormy...He IS An Old Sack of Shit Minimalist 11 1365 August 28, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist