Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The End Is Nigh - Trump
The End Is Nigh - Trump
Well, here we are folks, Trump is actually considering his own Saturday Night Massacre.

According to a close friend of Trump, the president is seriously considering firing the special prosecutor investigating him. Spicer neither confirmed or denied the rumor.

Friend Says Trump Is Considering Firing Mueller as Special Counsel

Quote:WASHINGTON — A longtime friend of President Trump said on Monday that Mr. Trump was considering whether to fire Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel investigating possible ties between the president’s campaign and Russian officials.
The startling assertion comes as some of Mr. Trump’s conservative allies, who initially praised Mr. Mueller’s selection as special counsel, have begun trying to attack his credibility.
The friend, Christopher Ruddy, the chief executive of Newsmax Media, who was at the White House on Monday, said on PBS’s “NewsHour” that Mr. Trump was “considering, perhaps, terminating the special counsel.”
“I think he’s weighing that option,” Mr. Ruddy said.

I know you're thinking "surely this idiot wouldn't make a move like this that is so brazen!?" but I think you should take a step back and consider a few things.

For one thing, Trump surrounds himself with sycophants, conspiracy theorists, illiterates, fanatics, and other idiots that have horrible political and legal advise to offer the man. No sane council would advise him to do anything other than to stay off Twitter, and no lawyer with two brain cells would advise him to actually state publicly he would testify under oath with his history of being a pathological liar. This is what happens when an emotionally unstable narcissist surrounds themselves with the likes of Alex Jones, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, and company.

Secondly, put yourself in his shoes for a moment. If you were accused of the things that Trump was accused of in the Steele dossier, and you knew you were guilty of some it's allegations, this would be the last move you could make.

Gingrich and Levin are actually supporting this insanity.
Quote:The idea that the investigation is illegitimate and politically motivated has been gaining currency on the political right for months. Conservative writers, radio hosts and cable personalities — emboldened by the president himself, who has called it a witch hunt — have repeatedly sought to discredit the inquiry, its investigators, the mainstream news accounts of it, and the lawmakers on Capitol Hill who are demanding more answers.
Initially, Mr. Comey was the subject of much of their derision. Now they have moved on to Mr. Mueller, whom they are attacking as too compromised and conflicted to lead an independent inquiry.

In the PBS interview, Mr. Ruddy said Mr. Trump had considered replacing Mr. Comey with Mr. Mueller, who served as F.B.I. director during the George W. Bush and Obama administrations. A senior White House official confirmed that the president had interviewed Mr. Mueller for the F.B.I. post in the Oval Office the day before Mr. Rosenstein tapped him to be the special counsel in the Russia investigation.

Mr. Ruddy said the president was weighing whether to dismiss Mr. Mueller because of concerns about conflicts of interest. He said those concerns included the interview for the F.B.I. post and connections between Mr. Mueller’s law firm and White House officials.
“There are some real conflicts. He comes from a law firm that represents members of the Trump family,” Mr. Ruddy said. “I know for a fact that he was under consideration and that the president did talk with him in the days before he was named special counsel. I think there’s a conflict there.”

He also said that he believed it would be “a very significant mistake” for Mr. Trump to fire Mr. Mueller, but emphasized that he was concerned about what he described as conflicts.

The criticism of Mr. Mueller has intensified in recent days, spreading from Trump surrogates like Mr. Gingrich to powerful media personalities like Rush Limbaugh. On his radio program last week, Mr. Limbaugh endorsed the suggestion that Mr. Trump fire Mr. Mueller.
Mark Levin, another prominent radio host, has also called for Mr. Mueller’s firing. “Mueller must step aside,” he wrote on Facebook over the weekend.

The only problem is Ruddy, Levin, Limbaugh, Stone, Jones, etc, all have NO understand of the law or how it works, and how abusing it brought down Nixon, and almost brought down Reagan. They just don't get it. These kind of decisions make a person look guilty, and have brought down Republicans in Watergate and Iran-Contra.
RE: The End Is Nigh - Trump
He already looks guilty.  Fuck him, but Pence is no better.
Watch Nero's decent into madness

[Image: th?id=OIP.yyAuvbsJmlhyXPaj1oMr8wEsCt&pid=15.1]

(And yes I know Nero likely didn't burn Rome he just took advantage of it)
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/conserva...ite-house/

Quote:Conservative David Frum: If Trump fires Mueller he should write ‘I’m super guilty’ in the sky over the White House

Quote:Appearing in a panel discussion with MSNBC host Laurence O’Donnell, conservative David Frum said President Donad Trump’s threat to fire special counsel Robert Mueller would be a tacit admission that he is guilty.
With Trump ally Newt Gingrich calling for the firing of Mueller, Frum said Gingrich might enjoy that type of “apocalyptic” governance but it would be devastating to the White House.
“The independent counsel law was allowed to lapse last century because there were doubts of constitutionality,” Frum explained. “The special counsel is now under the president because people argued that the president could be trusted to investigate himself. If that turns out not to be true, then you are into political remedies of the most dire kind.”
The mere thought that Trump, of all people, would consider firing Mueller because of alleged concerns about conflicts of interest takes "full of shit" into realms of weirdness I never suspected could exist prior to last year. Ordinarily, if I was speaking of a normal person, I'd say, "No way! He's not that stupid and careless."

But this is Trump, and all bets are off.

In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump put Ruddy up to this to float a trial balloon and to stir up more shit in some misbegotten effort to intimidate Mueller. Fat fucking chance of that happening.
I'd like to see more framing arguments in the media along the lines of the 'pubs having bet the farm on this candidate.

But don't forget the dems knack for never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

BTW, without looking (seriously) anyone remember the name of the new DNC chair?

And anything he's done to advance the party interest in 2018 ??

I didn't think so . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Strap yourselves in and grab some popcorn.

[Image: tenor.gif]
I don't believe you. Get over it.
It would be funny as hell if no collusion between Trump's team and Russia was uncovered but Trump gets indicted for obstruction of justice.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Apparently this traces back to a question George Stephanopoulos asked Jay Sekulow (ACLJ) on Sunday, and unfortunately this particular brouhaha is based on George's QUESTION, not upon Jay's ANSWER.

Sorry to dump on this topic.

But note, things happen quickly and seemingly randomly now, so we'll need to revisit this issue as required.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'd say Sessions is MUCH higher on the head chopping list if we can all be content with that.

Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now HappySkeptic 44 1823 February 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 983 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1045 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  The End Of the Pathologization Of Intersex Amarok 1 447 July 7, 2019 at 4:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36693 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Trump Claims He Can Use Executive Order to End Birthright Citizenship Seraphina 43 2929 November 2, 2018 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How will the Trump Presidency end? (Poll) TheBeardedDude 55 14485 October 18, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Alan V
  The Republicunts Go Off The Deep End Minimalist 5 1320 March 24, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump May End DACA Program Seraphina 30 8995 September 8, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Lets end the great weed debate dyresand 21 3621 April 28, 2017 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89