Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Lane Craig is a narcissistic sociopath.
He can't simply give a lecture without pulpit-beating and hand-waving:

RE: William Lane Craig is a narcissistic sociopath.
Craig is a con artist who has gotten rich selling bullshit to gullible fools.

Quote:“Deep within the heart of every evangelist lies the wreck of a car salesman.”

— H. L. Mencken
(June 15, 2017 at 3:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Craig is a con artist who has gotten rich selling bullshit to gullible fools.

Quote:“Deep within the heart of every evangelist lies the wreck of a car salesman.”

— H. L. Mencken

Unlike you, who, judging by the purple name, pays to sell bullshit to gullible fools.
You could donate too, cheapskate.  But you probably give all your money to fucking jesus.
And, I should have added "liar" to my OP title, although, the DSM clearly implies such for the pathology that Craig suffers from.  In particular, the following,

4. The first premise is based upon the fallacy of composition. It fallaciously infers that because everything in the universe has a cause, therefore the whole universe has a cause.

was pointed out by Professor Peter Millican, a philosophy professor at Oxford, in his debate with Craig:

And, so, #4 is hardly a "stupid" argument that Craig pulled "off the Internet".
As opposed to Richard Dorkins who once said that "junk" DNA was proof of evolution than later said that the utility of the same sequences was also proof of evolution.
(June 15, 2017 at 4:13 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: As opposed to Richard Dorkins who once said that "junk" DNA was proof of evolution than later said that the utility of the same sequences was also proof of evolution.

I imagine you as an 11 year old saying "Richard Dorkins" and giggling. Your criticism is too simplistic without context though.
Both could be true. The fact that "junk" DNA is non-coding (which is true) can be proof of evolution, and the fact that it serves some other purpose in gene expression can also be proof of evolution without negating the first statement.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yes I know he's a Christian...
Dying to live, living to die.
That's just turnabout for calling WLC a narcissistic sociopath. You may be right that both could be true in different respects, it's just that I've heard too many gratuitous "just-so" stories based on evolutionary theory.
(June 15, 2017 at 4:55 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: That's just turnabout for calling WLC a narcissistic sociopath. You may be right that both could be true in different respects, it's just that I've heard too many gratuitous "just-so" stories based on evolutionary theory.

I'm not going to bite and ask for examples, because...
a) I'm pretty sure you don't know what a 'Just So' story is, and...
b) I'm absolutely sure you don't know what evolution is.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate: God & Morality: William Lane Craig vs Erik Wielenberg Jehanne 16 3390 March 2, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  RationalWiki article on Craig. Jehanne 56 17800 September 5, 2017 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Anyone else here also post over at W.L. Craig's website? Whateverist 16 3034 March 2, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Nuda900
  What logical fallacies are William Lane Craig's favorite? Lemonvariable72 19 7921 November 5, 2013 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Sam Harris simply destroys William Lane Craig little_monkey 10 6253 July 25, 2013 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01