Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Bosons Would it Take to Create a False Vacuum?
How Many Bosons Would it Take to Create a False Vacuum?
It would seem that a single boson could crate a local false vacuum that could then penetrate the true vacuum causing a domino type effect.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: How Many Bosons Would it Take to Create a False Vacuum?
it needs to be an XXXL one
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Then I'' ll just get over here and look up what an XXL boson is. Between you, Alex et al, I feel like I should be paying tuition. I've learned a lot. Thanks.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
a really really big un

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Damn.

I thought it said "Bosums."
(June 17, 2017 at 8:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Damn.

I thought it said "Bosums."

Pro tip- Bosoms are a lot bigger than Bosons. Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Optimist!
(June 17, 2017 at 10:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Optimist!

If you value size over shape.
Huh. I can quantify it as how big the bubble of the new vacuum has to be in order to grow, I'm not sure whether that can be quantified by a # of bosons.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 17, 2017 at 11:33 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(June 17, 2017 at 10:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Optimist!

If you value size over shape.

Guilty as charged.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do W Bosons get Their Mass from the Higgs Field? Rhondazvous 2 812 February 18, 2018 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If the Universe Collapses Because of a False Vacuum, Won't There Just be Another Big Rhondazvous 11 2479 November 8, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Does the Higgs Boson Give Mass to Other Bosons? Rhondazvous 9 1796 August 3, 2017 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  God did not create any magnetic charges! Jehanne 7 1728 May 25, 2017 at 2:50 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Question Dear stupid: how many times does the earth rotate in a year? Aractus 304 38029 July 3, 2016 at 8:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What Kind of Photons are Used to Create Positron-Electron Pairs? Rhondazvous 8 1372 January 24, 2016 at 2:58 pm
  Superfluid vacuum theory Psychonaut 0 1206 September 23, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Psychonaut
  What Are Bosons? Rhondazvous 56 7235 September 13, 2015 at 11:52 am
  Quantum Vacuum Fluctuations - The Basics little_monkey 0 862 July 14, 2014 at 5:34 am
Last Post: little_monkey
  Harmonic Oscillators, Vacuum Energy, Pauli Exclusion Principle little_monkey 1 1069 March 27, 2014 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko