Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mormon girl "comes out" at church
Mormon girl "comes out" at church
Quote:A 12-year-old Mormon girl courageously stood up in front of members of her Utah church to tell them she was gay - only to have officials cut off her microphone and tell her to sit down.

Savannah revealed to churchgoers in Utah County, south of Salt Lake City, last month that she was a lesbian and told them she was proud God had made her that way.

Standing behind a lectern in front of her congregation, Savannah read her prepared speech, telling the crowd: 'I believe I was made the way I am, all parts of me, by my heavenly parents.'

'They did not mess up when they gave me brown eyes, or when I was born bald. They did not mess up when they gave me freckles or when they made me to be gay.

'God loves me just this way because I believe that he loves all his creations. I do believe he made me this way on purpose, no part of me is a mistake.'

She spoke freely and bravely until her microphone suddenly stopped working.

The confused 12-year-old could be seen quickly tapping the microphone, clearly assuming it had broken mid-speech.

But she was then told to sit down by two church officials sitting nearby.

Savannah could be seen collecting her speech and walking away as the two officials whispered together frantically.

One of the men then stood up and addressed the congregation. Miraculously, there was no issue with the microphone when he took to the lectern.

The church leader made no mention of Savannah's speech and continued to lead the congregation in prayer.

The ordeal left the 12-year-old in tears.

'She came off crying to me. We both walked out to the hall, and I held her face in my hands and told her over and over that she is perfect and good. That there is nothing wrong with who she is, that she is brave and beautiful,' her mother Heather told Dailymail.com.

'I was angry that they chose to hurt her for whatever reason they had.'

Savannah had been asking her parents for months to have the chance to speak in front of her church.

'My husband and I both were reluctant to let she share her testimony because of the potential rejection,' Heather said. 'She asked to do it in January, we finally agreed in May.

'She had worked so hard at perfecting it so that it would portray exactly how she felt. We decided to let her do it because we thought it would be more harmful to silence her or give her reason to feel she is wrong in any way.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...s-gay.html

At least her parents are accepting of her. I know how hard it can be with Mormons, especially since they are quite fond of sending gay kids to conversion camps.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Mormon girl "comes out" at church
I wonder if back in the multiple wifey era if some of them availed each other (tee hee) when hubby appeared spread too thin in his harem ??

As for the 12 year old this occasion, sounds like she has her shit together, and that is a great arrow to have in one's quiver when subjected to Mormon piffle, dreck, folderol, crapola and perfidy.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 18, 2017 at 10:33 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I wonder if back in the multiple wifey era if some of them availed each other (tee hee) when hubby appeared spread too thin in his harem ??

As for the 12 year old this occasion, sounds like she has her shit together, and that is a great arrow to have in one's quiver when subjected to Mormon piffle, dreck, folderol, crapola and perfidy.

Is twelve too young to know for sure?
I genuinely have no idea, this is not supposed to be judgemental.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I thought the junior high boys smelled real good after PE class when I was in 3rd grade. I'd been ~8, and I was already a queer little kid. Even when I was in first grade I was showing interests a savvy clinician might have keyed on, LOL.

And also in that era (64) I was enamored of the older brother on the TV show Flipper. IIRC, he was 18 portraying a 13 year old and I was strongly attracted. Hell, that actor is 70 now and he's still smoking hot. Wives and kids kinda spoil the fantasy, however. He was probably the genesis of my life long attraction to men a few years old than myself. He was on an episode of Gunsmoke or Branded as a rustler or outlaw, and I just ate that sort of thing up. Woot !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Will they stone her?
Yo, mom and dad...

Cool that you want to support your child and all. I dig that.
But if you think your church is not going to be okay with your child... Maybe look for a different church? (If any?)
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
especially if the church is LDS

Jesus fucking Christ, what a monstrous pile of crap to be taking seriously

Well that's it, no magic underwear for you!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 18, 2017 at 1:16 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(June 18, 2017 at 10:33 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I wonder if back in the multiple wifey era if some of them availed each other (tee hee) when hubby appeared spread too thin in his harem ??

Is twelve too young to know for sure?
I genuinely have no idea, this is not supposed to be judgemental.

My son came out when he was 12. I honestly don't think that's too young.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I do recall having an inexplicable interest in girls that I didn't have with boys, when I was in grade school. I think we all kind of know what we like, even before we hit puberty and want to start having sex. This girl is very brave, and those grown men are certainly afraid if they couldn't even bear to hear the full speech.

I'm pretty sure the lord doesn't like gay people. He doesn't like a lot of things that are fundamental to a Human's physical and psychological wellbeing. All that time spent counting hairs didn't do much towards his understanding of his creation.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On Tuesday, the LDS (Mormon) church gave its support to recent pro-LGBTQ legislation HankMoody316 21 2452 December 3, 2022 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Mormon Prophet zwanzig 15 2367 July 31, 2021 at 11:30 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  This Guy Pretended To Be A Mormon For Three Months ReptilianPeon 7 1099 October 7, 2018 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Revealed : The stone that translated the book of mormon. TubbyTubby 17 5177 September 12, 2015 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Mormon Bullshit..... Oh My - Is Another "Revelation" Coming? Minimalist 10 4387 October 9, 2013 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mormon temple garments Justtristo 9 5418 January 1, 2012 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ask me a Mormon Question Nathan6329 38 16557 September 1, 2011 at 6:53 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist