Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Islamic suicide bombing prevented.
Possible Islamic suicide bombing prevented.
Looks like a suicide bomber has been shot (hopefully dead) before he could kill anyone.

Someone said he shouted allah hu alkbar before a small explosion went off, but how trust worthy that is I don't know.

Whatever the situation it seems like good work by the soldiers or police.
Or just crappy work by a terrorist bomb maker, or a bit of both.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Possible Islamic suicide bombing prevented.
Oh wow. I'm just glad they stopped him. I'm sure there will be more news on this soon.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I'm a strong advocate that failed suicide bombers, captured wannabe suicide bombers, and those who support them, provide materials, egg them on, etc, should be taken into a field and detonated.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 20, 2017 at 6:32 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Whatever the situation it seems like good work by the soldiers or police.
Or just crappy work by a terrorist bomb maker, or a bit of both.

Likely both. There's quite a bit of information about bombmaking on the internet, and fortunately, a lot of it, particularly the much-vaunted Anarchist Cookbook, is unreliable. I suspect there may be quite a bit of accurate stuff on the Internet about how to pull it off, but I strongly suspect that, if as many people buy into the autism-vaccine myth despite information to the contrary being widely available as they do, most would-be suicide bombers aren't savvy enough to tell the shitpile from the goldmine.

Of course, given how one famous attempted bombing marred by shitty bombmaking information went, I suspect that there's still quite a bit of credit to be given to the soldiers and police for catching him before anyone could die but his own damn self.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 20, 2017 at 6:38 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I'm a strong advocate that failed suicide bombers, captured wannabe suicide bombers, and those who support them, provide materials, egg them on, etc, should be taken into a field and detonated.
No, they should be interrogated to find out who hired them.
(June 20, 2017 at 6:38 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I'm a strong advocate that failed suicide bombers, captured wannabe suicide bombers, and those who support them, provide materials, egg them on, etc, should be taken into a field placed in a pit and detonated.

FTFY. No need to have shrapnel go long distance to a potential victim.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(June 20, 2017 at 7:20 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(June 20, 2017 at 6:38 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I'm a strong advocate that failed suicide bombers, captured wannabe suicide bombers, and those who support them, provide materials, egg them on, etc, should be taken into a field and detonated.
No, they should be interrogated to find out who hired them.

I doubt that would be useful in the sense that they're willing to be blown limb from limb, I don't think they'll fold under stern questioning in anyway that will help authorities arrest anyone else.
They might say which vague terrorist organisation they're affiliated with but that information will probably be announced by that organisation anyway.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(June 20, 2017 at 6:38 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I'm a strong advocate that failed suicide bombers, captured wannabe suicide bombers, and those who support them, provide materials, egg them on, etc, should be taken into a field and detonated.

Indeed, I am all for encouraging suicide bombers to succeed in an environment of pleasant solitude.

(June 20, 2017 at 8:25 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(June 20, 2017 at 7:20 pm)pocaracas Wrote: No, they should be interrogated to find out who hired them.

I doubt that would be useful in the sense that they're willing to be blown limb from limb, I don't think they'll fold under stern questioning in anyway that will help authorities arrest anyone else.
They might say which vague terrorist organisation they're affiliated with but that information will probably be announced by that organisation anyway.

but you see, lengthy stern questioning can keep the 72 virgins away in a manner that being blown from limb to limb is not throught to be able to do.

(June 20, 2017 at 7:57 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(June 20, 2017 at 6:38 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I'm a strong advocate that failed suicide bombers, captured wannabe suicide bombers, and those who support them, provide materials, egg them on, etc, should be taken into a field placed in a pit and detonated.

The risk of dangerous shrapnels can be attenuated if the suicide bomber is placed in a deep pool of molten pig fat for his detonation.
(June 20, 2017 at 8:37 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(June 20, 2017 at 6:38 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I'm a strong advocate that failed suicide bombers, captured wannabe suicide bombers, and those who support them, provide materials, egg them on, etc, should be taken into a field and detonated.

Indeed, I am all for encouraging suicide bombers to succeed in an environment of pleasant solitude.

(June 20, 2017 at 8:25 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I doubt that would be useful in the sense that they're willing to be blown limb from limb, I don't think they'll fold under stern questioning in anyway that will help authorities arrest anyone else.

but you see, lengthy stern questioning can keep the 72 virgins away in a manner that being blown from limb to limb is not throught to be able to do.

(June 20, 2017 at 7:57 pm)Fireball Wrote: FTFY. No need to have shrapnel go long distance to a potential victim.

The risk of dangerous shrapnels can be attenuated if the suicide bomber is placed in a deep pool of molten pig fat for his detonation.

That last part Hilarious works for me! Of course molten pig fat is already at lethal temps. Angel
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(June 20, 2017 at 7:57 pm)Fireball Wrote:

Well, you'd have clear screens all around to protect the spectators.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Is a limited nuclear exchange possible? Angrboda 20 1185 April 21, 2022 at 10:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 574 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  U.S. reviews 9/11 documents for possible release WinterHold 59 3251 August 15, 2021 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Guns and suicide onlinebiker 51 4266 August 9, 2019 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  More people die from suicide than war and natural disasters combined. CapnAwesome 39 3010 October 16, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  How (possible) Political Censorship Hides our Quirkiness Neo-Scholastic 1 262 October 10, 2018 at 10:38 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Possible cat 4 to hit my area Thurs. Brian37 136 10976 September 23, 2018 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Joods
  ‘I’m going somewhere wonderful’: man texts wife before suicide Foxaèr 10 2940 July 17, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Another Islamic terrorist attack attempted. paulpablo 14 2180 April 7, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Turkey and Russia bombing together abaris 0 746 January 18, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: abaris