Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Slants Win Supreme Court Case
The Slants Win Supreme Court Case
Asian-American rock band wins battle to use formally derogatory name:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/21/opinions/w...index.html

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwfEgcRXJjM

Slanted eyes, slanted hearts.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: The Slants Win Supreme Court Case
I actually agree with this ruling. If people are offended, they can boycott the band.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Guarantying free speech/free press for 'popular' ideas and sentiments is neither difficult nor controversial. The power of conferring those rights is when those rights protect unpopular ideas and sentiments.

Even Scotus Justice Scalia understood this !!!

Curiously, others who should also appreciate that, such as Bill O'Reilly in the "Lying Liars" imbroglio, and Dr. Laura in the response to her "nigger, nigger, nigger, nigger" rant, seemed not to have a clue.

And then there is Falwell v Hustler . . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Does this mean that my old algebra study group didn't have to change our name to "the dopes"?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think they want to take the power away from the word the same way blacks tried to do with the "n" word.
Slant could mean many things. The band name is almost an innuendo. It is not like they called themselves "The Slanty Eyed Yellow Menace". Where as N.W.A. was very direct but hidden behind initials. It had to go all the way to the SCOTUS. Amazing.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 17153 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  6% Of Americans Think They Would Win A Fight Against A Grizzly Bear BrianSoddingBoru4 25 845 May 17, 2021 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2214 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Court Ordered Quarantine brewer 2 445 October 24, 2019 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Supreme Court Considers Mandatory Govt Funding of Religious Education EgoDeath 8 760 September 24, 2019 at 10:37 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1473 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case EgoDeath 15 1500 July 1, 2019 at 12:21 am
  Trump responds to special counsel Robert Mueller’s statement: ‘The case is closed WinterHold 21 2057 June 7, 2019 at 2:28 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Fed Court, "hand over 8yrs of your finances" Brian37 15 1006 May 22, 2019 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Lastest development in Smollett case EgoDeath 76 6561 March 12, 2019 at 4:48 pm