Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Poor Folks Allowed! - Trump
No Poor Folks Allowed! - Trump
No poor people in charge of economy. They have alternative agendas than the top 1% I guess :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trum...mg00000009
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: No Poor Folks Allowed! - Trump
"So, somebody said 'Why did you appoint a rich person to be in charge of the economy? I said, 'because that's the kind of thinking we want,'" Trump added. "Because they're representing the country. They don't want the money, they're representing the country."

I don't know if he's the fucking idiot or all the working class at the rally who clapped afterwards are the fucking idiots. (I know, the answer is both)
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(June 22, 2017 at 8:14 am)Aegon Wrote: "So, somebody said 'Why did you appoint a rich person to be in charge of the economy? I said, 'because that's the kind of thinking we want,'" Trump added. "Because they're representing the country. They don't want the money, they're representing the country."

I don't know if he's the fucking idiot or all the working class at the rally who clapped afterwards are the fucking idiots. (I know, the answer is both)

Dunno, and I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, but anyone who takes that statement a face value is a goddamn credulous fool.
I’m kind of in agreement. Poor people would be less poor if they had a stronger grasp on how to make money and how to increase net worth. Who would ask an auto mechanic to set a broken? Nothing against the auto mechanics of the world, but it’s not what they know or have spent their careers learning. Same reason I wouldn’t ask a doctor to change my transmission.
Would you have an unscrupulous mechanic fix your car, or one with a well-developed sense of ethics?
(June 22, 2017 at 9:49 am)Court Jester Wrote: I’m kind of in agreement. Poor people would be less poor if they had a stronger grasp on how to make money and how to increase net worth. Who would ask an auto mechanic to set a broken? Nothing against the auto mechanics of the world, but it’s not what they know or have spent their careers learning. Same reason I wouldn’t ask a doctor to change my transmission.

The vast majority of rich people are rich solely because daddy inherited a lot of money going back generations. No skill involved.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(June 22, 2017 at 9:56 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Would you have an unscrupulous mechanic fix your car, or one with a well-developed sense of ethics?

I'd go to Jack that has a shop down the road. That's good enough for me.
I've fired a lot of people with wonderful ethics that just didn't have a clear grasp of the job's requirements.
(June 22, 2017 at 10:00 am)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(June 22, 2017 at 9:49 am)Court Jester Wrote: I’m kind of in agreement. Poor people would be less poor if they had a stronger grasp on how to make money and how to increase net worth. Who would ask an auto mechanic to set a broken? Nothing against the auto mechanics of the world, but it’s not what they know or have spent their careers learning. Same reason I wouldn’t ask a doctor to change my transmission.

The vast majority of rich people are rich solely because daddy inherited a lot of money going back generations. No skill involved.

Not to mention that there's a world of difference between running Goldman Sachs, who left unchecked, had a huge part in the 2008 meltdown, and responsible governance.

Government doesn't exist to make a profit. The skill set for one doesn't necessarily translate to the other - at all.
(June 22, 2017 at 9:49 am)Court Jester Wrote: I’m kind of in agreement. Poor people would be less poor if they had a stronger grasp on how to make money and how to increase net worth. Who would ask an auto mechanic to set a broken? Nothing against the auto mechanics of the world, but it’s not what they know or have spent their careers learning. Same reason I wouldn’t ask a doctor to change my transmission.

You're missing the point. You're making the assumption that bankers given positions that allow them to construct government policy are doing it because they have the country's economic interests in mind rather than the interests of their friends still in the private sector.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(June 22, 2017 at 10:02 am)Court Jester Wrote:
(June 22, 2017 at 9:56 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Would you have an unscrupulous mechanic fix your car, or one with a well-developed sense of ethics?

I'd go to Jack that has a shop down the road. That's good enough for me.
I've fired a lot of people with wonderful ethics that just didn't have a clear grasp of the job's requirements.

LOL. Nice non-answer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bacha Bazi: how poor Afghani boys were raped. WinterHold 76 5686 December 29, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1060 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What is it about Trump that has allowed him to acquire so many ardent followers? GODZILLA 53 4492 June 20, 2019 at 1:31 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36908 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Oh The Poor Widdle Orange Fucktard Minimalist 35 2040 August 18, 2018 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The Poor Little Orange Turd Can't Grasp It... Minimalist 0 440 July 20, 2018 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Uh-Oh. Poor Manafort Minimalist 4 667 June 5, 2018 at 1:17 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Third parties profiting off of poor outcomes for patients....in AMERICA!? Aegon 23 3391 April 28, 2018 at 5:41 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Poor Widdle Mikey Cowen...... Minimalist 0 425 April 25, 2018 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oh, Poor Mike Pence. His Favorite Hobby Horse Shot Down Minimalist 8 1699 April 21, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger