Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope on life after death?
Hope on life after death?
I am an atheist, and I expect no heaven after life. I wish to be revived through science though. Thus, I will pay to have my brain frozen.

What do you think? Do you want to be revived? Or do you prefer the infinite slumber? In my case I want to see how much science and society have advanced. It is not that I fear death. I just want to see the future.
RE: Hope on life after death?
I want my personality digitised into a computer system when I die.

Then I want it put into either a clone body or a robot/android one...

...with lasers.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 29, 2017 at 12:42 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I want my personality digitised into a computer system when I die.

...with lasers.

Like the Barbeau-bot? With chainsaw hands the D-cups full of JUSTICE?!

[Image: BARBEAUBOT.png]
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(June 29, 2017 at 12:42 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I want my personality digitised into a computer system when I die.

...with lasers.

You're a wonderfully complex person Beccs.
But they do me first. My personality will fit on a 1.44MB floppy.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I ain't wasting money to have a part of me frozen so it can be resurrected.
If you freeze your brain; it is destroyed.
For now: dead is dead.
Accept the future. Enjoy the now.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
[Image: 1rp89a.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 29, 2017 at 12:38 am)Macoleco Wrote: I am an atheist, and I expect no heaven after life. I wish to be revived through science though. Thus, I will pay to have my brain frozen.

What do you think? Do you want to be revived? Or do you prefer the infinite slumber? In my case I want to see how much science and society have advanced. It is not that I fear death. I just want to see the future.

I think freezing your brain will foreclose on the possibility of ever being revived. The water in your brain's cells, when frozen, will expand and rupture the cell walls, meaning that when your brain is thawed, it'll be about three pounds of useless slime.

I'd prefer the brain-downloaded-onto-machine thing. That way I could have my cyborg body, live as long as I wanted, and when I'm ready, I'd be done.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I wonder what kind of sexual interface I could get with my cyborg body?

As to the OP, there will always be a future we won't see unless they come up with an eternal cyborg model.  Kind of doubt that, so I think I'll handle my finitude by seeking to increase its quality rather than incrementally increasing its length.
(June 29, 2017 at 4:54 am)ignoramus Wrote: [Image: 1rp89a.jpg]

Perhaps "Alien: Resurrection" was a future bible epic?
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life eating other life. Brian37 42 2236 May 14, 2021 at 4:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Life After Death Is Impossible, Says Scientist Fake Messiah 121 10174 February 23, 2021 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Coronavirus: Outcry after Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment zebo-the-fat 73 5726 May 28, 2020 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  100% fruit juice liked to increased death death brewer 28 2691 May 22, 2019 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  quality of life or life for life's sake tackattack 37 2294 November 24, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Life after gallbladder surgery Azu 2 1127 November 8, 2017 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Azu
  LOOK!>> -Consciousness After Death -official <<Clickbait! ignoramus 10 1860 October 19, 2017 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Can't crack a fat anymore? A New Hope! brewer 3 545 April 5, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  it turns out there was a crocoduck after all.. annatar 4 2050 December 30, 2010 at 8:49 am
Last Post: The Omnissiunt One