Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOOK!>> -Consciousness After Death -official <<Clickbait!
LOOK!>> -Consciousness After Death -official <<Clickbait!
In horrifying news, researchers have discovered the mind still works after death.

Yeah, I know, sensationalist BS. Theist, keep your panties on...

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/techandsc...spartanntp

Quote:It’s when the heart stops, that you’re pronounced officially dead.

The heart stops pumping blood. The lungs stop receiving blood. The brain no longer works. The pupils no longer dilate. When the heart stops beating, for all medical and scientific purposes, it is the end of life.
But not the end of consciousness, researchers are suggesting.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: LOOK!>> -Consciousness After Death -official <<Clickbait!
More "Not Dead Yet" nonsense.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Article doesn't say much, just that there's a brief "hyper-active state" after the heart stops, from the clinical trials on rats.

I suspect it takes a while for the cognitive functions of the brain to shut down after blood flow has stopped, and the brain doesn't get the necessary oxygen and sugars to keep going. How long is anyone's guess.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
yeah, and LEDs glow for a while even after they are switched off... so darn mystical
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I know ...Who cares if the brain is still showing activity for 1 second or 15 seconds after death?
What on earth are they even trying to suggest other than the obvious residual activity which should be expected from any analogue object.

Just shit grade journalism...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
If I don't, someone else will...

At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Yep, saw a teaser about this same thing on CBS This Morning. FUCKING BULLSHIT.

This is just another fucking feel good story about bullshit "life after death". NO SUCH FUCKING THING.

People reporting being aware after a doctor says the heart has stopped, IS NOT MAGIC, nor does it mean you have a fictional soul separate from your brain.

Your heart can stop and your neurons can still fire and your vitals can fly under the doctor's radar. THAT IS NOT PERMANENT DEATH. If you have just enough juice you can be revived as long as you are within the window. But, once enough of your cells die beyond repair there is no coming back.
Since when is heart-stoppage considered "officially dead"? I've never even heard that term before - "officially dead".
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
If there was such a thing as life after death, then why did my mom not climb out of her casket at the funeral home?

Why didn't she? BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING. Our human desire to continue is where that false desire comes from.

If it were really possible to survive death, you could decapitate someone or blow their head off with a shotgun then bring them back.

It was understandable in antiquity that people thought it was possible, but it is fucking 2017 and humans simply need to grow up and do the right thing and accept their finite existence.

I think it is great that modern medicine can save people from dying, but if you didn't die, all that means is you were never really dead and had just enough still in you.
So you're telling me... they're only mostly dead?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On the consciousness of a new born baby Macoleco 8 796 April 7, 2022 at 7:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  Life After Death Is Impossible, Says Scientist Fake Messiah 121 10158 February 23, 2021 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Coronavirus: Outcry after Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment zebo-the-fat 73 5722 May 28, 2020 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  100% fruit juice liked to increased death death brewer 28 2687 May 22, 2019 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  What would alien life look like? Mechaghostman2 55 3212 December 2, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  No official name for earth's moon Foxaèr 32 2063 March 4, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Life after gallbladder surgery Azu 2 1126 November 8, 2017 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Azu
  Quantum consciousness... ignoramus 109 15536 August 30, 2017 at 5:32 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hope on life after death? Macoleco 13 2489 June 30, 2017 at 7:52 am
  Look Out, Suicide Article brewer 0 693 December 22, 2016 at 5:38 pm