Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow me to introduce myself...
Allow me to introduce myself...
...I'm RosieLass, a 25-year-old, happily married woman from Tennessee (currently residing in Colorado). As you might guess from the birthplace, I was raised Southern Baptist. Thankfully I was able to escape the brainwashing of my childhood and adolescence to become a very happy atheist a few years ago. Since I know only a small handful of atheists, I hope to find that these forums are a place I can go for intelligent discussions of the issues I'm researching for my blog (and in preparation for the day I must "come out" to my family). So hi!
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -Stephen Henry Roberts

http://www.nonestdeus.blogspot.com
RE: Allow me to introduce myself...
Hello and welcome. Is that Sam Gangee's girlfriend in your picture?
Yep. Since I prefer to stay anonymous until there's no worries about my family finding out, I use that as my picture for anything like this. The username RosieLass is a reference to it as well. ^_^
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -Stephen Henry Roberts

Welcome

It actually gives me great sorrow that people need to hide the disbelief in an unsubstantiated claim from their families. I hope you find solace here along with us. Smile
Hello and Welcome Rosie. I don't get the references, but that's okay. I live under a rock. she's pretty though.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
Thankee for the welcomes. I hope to come out to my family soon. My mom's just one of those incredibly over the top Christians who brings up God in EVERY conversation. She'll be devastated to learn her only child will spend eternity in Hell (by her beliefs), and she's going through some incredibly difficult times right now. I don't want to add to her stress just yet. It'll all come out when we have kids, if not sooner. Hopefully it won't be too horrible a fight.

And it's a Lord of the Rings thing. I'm a bit of a nerd. ^_^

Why HELLO Rosie!

I was born in Mississippi and brought up Southern Baptist. Course I moved to Western Washington state. xD So if you want to talk to someone with a similar background, I am your gal. xD I just recently came out to my family so I can also help with that if need be. Smile
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." -Richard Jeni
(October 9, 2010 at 10:13 pm)RosieLass Wrote: And it's a Lord of the Rings thing. I'm a bit of a nerd. ^_^

Haha, well, you'll fit right in. I have a tattoo of the text on the ring of power around my arm.
(October 9, 2010 at 10:13 pm)RosieLass Wrote: And it's a Lord of the Rings thing. I'm a bit of a nerd. ^_^

You're in good company. Welcome! Big Grin
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Hello, Rosie.

Lots of women showing up lately. That's a good thing. For too long women were the foot soldiers in the campaign to keep brain-washing our children with religious horseshit.

Glad to see you girls breaking the mold!

Clap

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Letter to Myself scamper 8 1035 October 14, 2022 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  I never introduced myself shadow 14 3698 July 23, 2017 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Allow me to introduce myself. I bring a gift for everyone. Adrian Ferrer 18 2168 March 26, 2017 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  introducing myself BehindTheGnoll 14 1591 January 18, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  From Jesus to just Myself Wrikudoro 13 3345 February 8, 2016 at 3:04 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Myself John Algar 17 2364 September 9, 2015 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  I guess I should introduce myself cocunningham 26 3859 May 31, 2015 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Introducing myself Fortruth 15 2769 November 23, 2014 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Aractus
Smile Introducing myself thedouglenz 9 2841 June 9, 2014 at 5:47 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Thought i'd introduce myself Jin 13 2446 March 27, 2014 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut