Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desire to have children
Desire to have children
Why do Muslims want to have children, but does not want the rich North? Finance for southerners is less, although they multiply better.
RE: Desire to have children
(July 20, 2017 at 8:05 am)Interaktive Wrote: Why do Muslims want to have children, but does not want the rich North? Finance for southerners is less, although they multiply better.

Evolution drives all life to reproduce. That is not a label thing. I would say ALL religions turn nature into a utopia comic book however. Even the bible says "be fruitful and multiply". 

Humans evolved to group, and the bigger the group the more opportunity at access to resources and safety in numbers. 

Marriage exists in every religion so this question to me misses a bigger issue that is ignored by far too many humans. Parents teach youth a script, instead of teaching the kid their own comfort level. Many parents and grandparents assume that the child has to get married and should get married. The problem with evolution is that it is not one size fits all, and blindly selling the idea of marriage to a child can set them up for huge problems if they are not self aware enough to think about if they really want kids or not. 

I know for me personally, I bought that societal crap growing up. But now that I am wiser and older, I am glad I didn't have kids and looking back at it now, I never wanted them, but simply thought I did because that is what society expected of me.
They want to have sex. Children are a side effect.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The "I want to have children" software was just not installed on my human hardware. I don't hate kids, I just have absolutely zero desire to have any of my own - I'd even say I have an active desire to not have kids. It does always kind of irk me when my older relatives make little jokes about when I'm going to have kids of my own and I'm thinking "...well you're gonna be waiting a long damn time then."
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(July 20, 2017 at 8:34 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: The "I want to have children" software was just not installed on my human hardware.  I don't hate kids, I just have absolutely zero desire to have any of my own - I'd even say I have an active desire to not have kids.  It does always kind of irk me when my older relatives make little jokes about when I'm going to have kids of my own and I'm thinking "...well you're gonna be waiting a long damn time then."

You could always do the childfund thing and show them a picture of their grandchild.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Desire to have children ?

sure,

for lunch.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

No clue. Not muslim.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Religion normally thrives in poverty and ignorance, both of which are also major contributors towards having more and more kids cause children in these cases are a good resource to help the family finances. Social welfares and such are a good motivation for having more kids, plus in places like middle east child labour and child slavery is still a thing.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(July 20, 2017 at 8:34 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: The "I want to have children" software was just not installed on my human hardware.  I don't hate kids, I just have absolutely zero desire to have any of my own - I'd even say I have an active desire to not have kids.  It does always kind of irk me when my older relatives make little jokes about when I'm going to have kids of my own and I'm thinking "...well you're gonna be waiting a long damn time then."

Welcome to my world.  My mum was always on me about not having kids.  'I would be lovely to give your mum grandchildren.'  'Mum, you have TWENTY FOUR grandchildren!!'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 20, 2017 at 8:05 am)Interaktive Wrote: Why do Muslims want to have children, but does not want the rich North? Finance for southerners is less, although they multiply better.

If you interviewed millions of muslims I am sure you would hear millions of reasons why/why not to have children.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Children visiting Grandma rejoice John V 19 2198 July 31, 2018 at 7:06 am
Last Post: John V
  Why are children allowed to act in TV shows/movies? Alexmahone 10 2546 May 27, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Adopting Children of Another Race Shell B 62 4537 February 13, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  The horrifying brutality of prenatal confinement of children. Gawdzilla Sama 14 2027 January 19, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Children WinterHold 23 2194 December 2, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Interest/Desire & Actions Azu 14 1477 February 20, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Transgendered children KUSA 245 30426 February 15, 2017 at 3:34 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Children not getting breakfast robvalue 32 4433 January 12, 2017 at 12:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Incest and children. IanHulett 32 5524 July 5, 2016 at 8:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What do your children like? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 3 1082 July 26, 2015 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Alex K