Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You'll Float Too!
You'll Float Too!
The new IT trailer looks fucking amazing. I'm pumped for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAUTdjf9rko
RE: You'll Float Too!
That looks scary AF. I only kind of liked the original, but it was cool that the main characters weren't helpless. With most horror I've seen it's not a matter of if most of the characters die but when.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
I am sooooo over horror movies. I guess I am too much of a skeptic now to buy conspiracy crap and spirit woo. Poltergeist was about the only super natural movie I liked. The horror movies I liked were more slasher serial killer. I hated the Freddy series but loved the first 4 Friday The 13th, but they got really absurd after the first 4.

I hope they never do a remake of Jaws, because CG does not fool me. The scale mechanical shark in that back then when the movie was new was sharp, crisp and realistic and with the classic music I shit my pants. I hate going to a movie and thinking I should have an XBox controller.
Brian, I'm a skeptic, but I still like horror movies. I'm a huge fan of the horror genre and love SFX. You don't have to be fooled to enjoy it.
(July 27, 2017 at 5:47 pm)Shell B Wrote: Brian, I'm a skeptic, but I still like horror movies. I'm a huge fan of the horror genre and love SFX. You don't have to be fooled to enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong, when I say "fooled" I don't mean conned. I mean I cant get lost in something if the technique isn't consistent.

My X wife and I back when we were in college went and saw Titanic with Leanardo Dicaprio. It was a period piece and while they did use a 90% scale model for the dock portions of the movie, I got suddenly taken out of it not too far into the movie when they used CG for an overhead shot and you could tell it was CG. Right at that moment I felt like I was at the arcade in Springfield Mall where I grew up playing Zaxon. 

Think about it, if you are watching say a Civil War movie and you look up in the sky in the scene and you see a Cessna that is going to be a bit disjointing.

If you do si fi or even horror, I still find for me that scale models have helped me to get lost in a movie far more than CG. I guess it is my age, because when I was growing up everything was done with camera angles and models. 

But again, even outside models vs CG, I have also seen far too many people go to super natural themed movies and walk out literally thinking those things could happen. That is also the other reason. 

Remember our back and forth about steaks and how you like them with red and juice in the center and I like mine dead brown and no red? Same thing.

Have fun and enjoy, that really is what matters because you are paying for it.
It remound me that Stranger Things is soon...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Remound
[Image: 1*x6Al-Idvdy2mMpDlDdpy8A.jpeg]
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I'm a big baby, I can't deal with clown movies.

0/10

(July 27, 2017 at 6:30 pm)Losty Wrote: Remound
[Image: 1*x6Al-Idvdy2mMpDlDdpy8A.jpeg]

I wasn't and will never be this good looking.
Remound is for sure a good looking guy

0/10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Know Most Of You Are Too Young To Remember Johnny Carson Minimalist 9 5617 November 8, 2017 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Tea Party says Fox News is too liberal TaraJo 8 3129 March 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  I Guess He Got Too Stupid Even for FOX Minimalist 15 4307 April 7, 2011 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: theVOID
  Too Young to Remember - Big River A Theist 1 1051 October 22, 2010 at 9:21 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  Is it too late to Apologize justwhoarebongorock 2 1598 March 15, 2010 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: christian585