Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Know Most Of You Are Too Young To Remember Johnny Carson
I Know Most Of You Are Too Young To Remember Johnny Carson
But this bit showed up in my Youtube feed and it is a classic.

RE: I Know Most Of You Are Too Young To Remember Johnny Carson
Must have been found in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls porch.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Back when Arnold Palmer was the golf hero, he was on Johnny Carson with his wife. Johnny asked his wife if there was anything special that she did for luck to help Arnold win. She said, "I kiss his balls." Johnny shot back with, "Well, I'll bet that makes his putter stand right up!"
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 7, 2017 at 11:02 pm)Minimalist Wrote: But this bit showed up in my Youtube feed and it is a classic.

What was the name of his sidekick? He would always say "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!"

I forget. But I think he used to do the PCH sweepstakes or some other televised sweepstakes. 

Sucks to be old and to have this info on the tip of my tongue!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 8, 2017 at 1:02 am)Joods Wrote: What was the name of his sidekick? He would always say "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!"

I forget. But I think he used to do the PCH sweepstakes or some other televised sweepstakes. 

Ed McMahon.  And yes, I think he did do the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes.
You know, I've watched the whole 1967 series through multiple times on Hulu; despite the dodgy politics, I enjoy the show (then again, When I was part of an autism meetup group, an appreciation for Dragnet seemed to be so common, the DSM may as well added it a symptom), but there is so much material to mock, from the fact that it's basically LAPD propaganda, to Jack Webb's staid performance (as both an actor and director), to the dialogue so stylized that even Raymond Chandler would probably ask him to tone it down, to Frank Morgan's bizarre acts of comic relief, all the way down to the random factoids that come up in Jack Webb's research for any given episode that he just has to share with the audience.

I don't think they needed to resort to tongue-twisters to do a good Dragnet parody. At least they got the old version of Joe's catchphrase.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(November 8, 2017 at 1:05 am)Astreja Wrote:
(November 8, 2017 at 1:02 am)Joods Wrote: What was the name of his sidekick? He would always say "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!"

Ed McMahon.  And yes, I think he did do the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes.

Yes! That's the guy!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
We just liked that the badge number matched a fun party drug.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I like the outdoor shot of L.A., soooooo true when I was growing up, I'd hear stories constantly about the smog. That was funny as shit.
Here's another gem.  You know, young'uns, TV was not always in color.

( Ed Ames played the Indian sidekick Mingo to Fess Parker's "Daniel Boone" in an early '60's series.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You'll Float Too! Shell B 19 3939 August 4, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Young Pope SteelCurtain 0 515 January 17, 2017 at 1:06 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  What is the first song or piece of music you can remember hearing on the radio (or)? Whateverist 78 10790 October 27, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Remember when this was scary? Foxaèr 5 993 October 17, 2016 at 8:41 am
Last Post: brewer
  Young punks make good music bennyboy 2 857 September 10, 2016 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  We Know....We Know.....(sigh) Minimalist 15 2964 February 25, 2016 at 3:20 am
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  I hate The Young Turks so much. Reforged 14 2864 November 17, 2015 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: DespondentFishdeathMasochismo
  Young boys beware. He is a homosexual. (1950s video) GrandizerII 28 6362 October 4, 2015 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Help me find an atheism-related video! I can't remember! topher 8 2252 August 31, 2014 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: topher
  can't remember this movie name :( Marsellus Wallace 3 1306 April 7, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace