Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is great
God is great
God is a word usually used to describe a "super-natural enhancement" from something we already know. For example the God of the hunt; or the God of nature, or the God of thunder.

To many; God is nothing more but a comical character that excels in certain field; another man/woman that has supernatural powers.
But what about God, as in "all knowing"?

That is a God that never gave birth, or was born. A "something else". He is not a man with a super abilities; but he made the abilities themselves.
Wrote it down. Created darkness and light. Pain and salvation.

He made the sickness, but made the cure too. God in this definition, is a scary being, but a beautiful one too.
It's all about the scale he made: increase gravity, and you crush the human next door.

He is not a "another one". He is the "One God". "He" is only used to refer to him; God created gender itself.

Something to think about..He is great.
RE: God is great
God is soooooooo great there is no evidence, religious mythology is not evidence, of his existence.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:He made the sickness, but made the cure too.

Tell that to wee Charlie Gard, you heartless fuck.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I dislike ever having to use the 'capital G' god in any context, and avoid it as often as possible. Find it irksome to see others using it in that way, as if such a thing deserves to be a fucking proper noun.

Outside of very obvious fiction, the concept is pointless at best, and the worst blight on humanity on the other end of the spectrum.

Time and again, I've come up with god concepts that are far beyond any conceived of by actual theists. If their sky daddies can't measure up to mine (because they claim that a god is typically 'that which no greater can be conceived') then such gods are not great, let alone good, and certainly not worthy of worship or veneration.

So let's limit god to putting it in front of 'zilla' and leave it at that.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
If my afflictions are ever cured, it willl be science, not god, that deserves the credit. As it is, 20 years of sincerely believing in god didn't help at all.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
(July 28, 2017 at 5:40 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: God is a word usually used to describe a "super-natural enhancement" from something we already know. For example the God of the hunt; or the God of nature, or the God of thunder.

To many; God is nothing more but a comical character that excels in certain field; another man/woman that has supernatural powers.
But what about God, as in "all knowing"?

That is a God that never gave birth, or was born. A "something else". He is not a man with a super abilities; but he made the abilities themselves.
Wrote it down. Created darkness and light. Pain and salvation.

He made the sickness, but made the cure too. God in this definition, is a scary being, but a beautiful one too.
It's all about the scale he made: increase gravity, and you crush the human next door.

He is not a "another one". He is the "One God". "He" is only used to refer to him; God created gender itself.

Something to think about..He is great.

You find "beauty" in an allegedly all powerful being who watches over a planet that averages 1 billion deaths every 20 years?

I think maybe the better option is that there is no God and if we want to do something about the suffering in the world it is up to us to do it.
The Force is great, too.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(July 28, 2017 at 6:31 pm)Jesster Wrote: The Force is great, too.

Lonestar, I am your father's brother's cousin's former roommate.

So what does that make us?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Quote:He is great.

At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberalism's Great Challenge? Minimalist 20 3345 September 10, 2016 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Hitchens '07: God is not Great Czechlervitz30 32 4681 August 2, 2016 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Question Heaven seems awful 2 me-"Theist laughs at loudly & with great cruelty" fruyian 141 16465 May 18, 2016 at 4:31 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Some great news for a change! Simon Moon 21 6307 January 7, 2015 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19367 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  you can read how great the Pope is piotrniz 11 2604 September 7, 2014 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Wink I change my mind there is a god and he is Great! là bạn điên 11 3541 January 23, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  What A Great Idea! Minimalist 18 6616 October 10, 2013 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Beta Ray Bill
  How Great Thou Aren't Cinjin 76 23527 December 18, 2011 at 5:09 am
Last Post: Cinjin
  Great News! Minimalist 3 1847 April 10, 2011 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Shell B