Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Great Thou Aren't
How Great Thou Aren't
Please do explain your "All-Powerful and Perfect" god to me.

[Image: IMGlargephotoTheGirls-1.png]

[Image: growthmanR_450x594.preview.jpg]

[Image: 39.jpg]

[Image: 8legs.jpg]

[Image: faceeatingtumor01.jpg]

[Image: 539w.jpg]

[Image: touchdown-Jesus1.jpg]

[Image: b5f045ba55b3990466d11df6f04f971b.jpg]

[Image: nick_vujicic_01.jpg]

You know what ... nevermind. I already know your sorry excuse. I already know who you're going to blame and I'm sick of being politically correct with fucking imbeciles. I'm just so goddamn sick of christianity and the sheep that keep selling it. This month especially.

Fuck!

[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: How Great Thou Aren't
I know, Cin. I feel the same way. They always have an excuse for their god, but in my eyes, he's inexcusable. They want him to fit this image they have of him in their heads, but he fits nothing because he is nothing. Just a figment of the imagination gone viral and horribly wrong.

While all the happy christians in this world open their expensive gifts, eating their hearty christmas suppers, and thanking their god for making them so especially blessed, there are so many people in this world who will wake up to a dead, emaciated corpse of their child. There are children getting raped by 50 tourists a day behind a curtain. There are people like my neighbor who have cancer that is treatable, but are going to die anyway because they can't afford medical insurance, and have been abandoned by "the greatest country in the world".

And after the meaningless pieces of plastic have been removed from their packaging, and the left overs are thrown into the trash, they still manage to convince themselves that god thinks they deserve their awesome circumstances. They still cling to a god that would supposedly bless them, while so many others suffer, and they can still sleep at night.

(December 6, 2011 at 1:31 am)aleialoura Wrote: While all the happy christians in this world open their expensive gifts, eating their hearty christmas suppers, and thanking their god for making them so especially blessed, there are so many people in this world who will wake up to a dead, emaciated corpse of their child.

Right on Aleialoura. It's not just their fucking christmas either (which is a stolen pagan holiday). I had to hear it all through thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving prayer:
Thanks god. We're so glad you're an american and that you and jesus help us rape the world and do whatever we want. You're the best. Also, if you could go ahead and make U of M win the big game this thanksgiving that would just be icing on the cake. Speaking of cake, I'm going to need to lose all this fat I inhaled during the massive feast we just ate. Do you think you could help me shed a few pounds too. HAHA who am I kidding ... of course you will, you're on our side. Next month, if you get some time, go ahead and use my dollar-fifty to help some african kid eat some old bread. I like to do something nice at Christmas. Just save my crowns for me when I get to heaven.

god is so great and powerful and merciful .......................................... and I'm a delusional fuck!

Not all Christians are morally bankrupt or void of personal accountability you two. Some of us have problems sleeping when looking at the world and try our best to take care of whomever we can, however we can. Hate doesn't breed justice, just more hate.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
I know this is going to sound odd, but why is that woman meaty while her child is a bag of bones? She certainly isn't the picture of health, but she has almost certainly been eating more than that child. I hope it is shopped or she is some random helpful stranger.
(December 6, 2011 at 6:43 am)tackattack Wrote: Not all Christians are morally bankrupt or void of personal accountability you two. Some of us have problems sleeping when looking at the world and try our best to take care of whomever we can, however we can. Hate doesn't breed justice, just more hate.

My parents aren't morally bankrupt either Tacky, but they definitely choose to see what they want to see - just like every other christian i have EVER met. You see, your god has the convenience of selective accountability ... and THAT is what I'm talking about.

Saying stupidity like:

"God gave us this beautiful day." "Thank you for this Big Mac." "Lord provided a lung transplant for my nephew." "I prayed, and god helped me find my sunglasses." "I'm praying for a raise at work - I know all I need is faith." "My kids need some new shoes for Lacrosse." It goes on and on and on. My dad actually once made a claim that god helped him with his kitchen cabinets. I'm sick of fucking hearing it. You (generalized you) want to give your god credit for stupid fucking shit - than you give him credit for it all ..... and then start doing some SERIOUS explaining why he's got time to help you find your car keys but just doesn't have time to deal with face tumors.

I never made the claim that all christians are morally bankrupt. That would be a ridiculous claim. Clearly, I'm saying either your god does not exist or you serve one selectively sadistic mother fucker.

(December 6, 2011 at 7:49 am)Shell B Wrote: I know this is going to sound odd, but why is that woman meaty while her child is a bag of bones? She certainly isn't the picture of health, but she has almost certainly been eating more than that child. I hope it is shopped or she is some random helpful stranger.

Not sure about the woman's relationship to the emaciated human being, but I'm reasonably sure it's not shopped. With the state of the world being what it is today, you don't have to look far to find disturbing pictures of starving people.

I'm aware of that, Cin. I am only talking about her being obviously better fed than the boy.
Well it if is his mother - she definitely has some explaining to do herself.

(December 6, 2011 at 9:50 am)Cinjin Wrote: I never made the claim that all christians are morally bankrupt. That would be a ridiculous claim. Clearly, I'm saying either your god does not exist or you serve one selectively sadistic mother fucker.

Yep, this. I agree with everything.

Reminds me of my client here at work last week that told me god "killed her ex-husband." He never paid her child support and she had prayed for help. Well, he died in a car wreck last month and she will get thousands of dollars from a wrongful death lawsuit so she told me over and over that her prayers had worked and god killed her ex husband so she could have money for her kids.

(December 6, 2011 at 6:43 am)tackattack Wrote: Not all Christians are morally bankrupt or void of personal accountability you two. Some of us have problems sleeping when looking at the world and try our best to take care of whomever we can, however we can. Hate doesn't breed justice, just more hate.

We need more of your kind, Tacky, and less of the shitwits who are running for president because "god" told them to give tax breaks to rich cocksuckers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 4682 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20522 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  To All Those Theists Who Aren't In It For The Swag Edwardo Piet 17 2827 June 2, 2018 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  God is great WinterHold 32 5049 August 2, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Liberalism's Great Challenge? Minimalist 20 3258 September 10, 2016 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Hitchens '07: God is not Great Czechlervitz30 32 4621 August 2, 2016 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Question Heaven seems awful 2 me-"Theist laughs at loudly & with great cruelty" fruyian 141 16141 May 18, 2016 at 4:31 am
Last Post: robvalue
Question "Thou shall not kill" commandment is hypocritical? pocaracas 92 17541 August 26, 2015 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Some great news for a change! Simon Moon 21 6272 January 7, 2015 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  you can read how great the Pope is piotrniz 11 2593 September 7, 2014 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Cyberman