Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet again forced to believe
Jet again forced to believe
My dad just randomly called me to talk to me, he does that quite often. He talked about some things including religion and spirituality. He said that at the time he was 30 someone showed him a trick to communicate with the spirit of his dead mom. A Bible was hanged and he asked some questions. The Bible rotated at right for yes and at left for no. After some questions he asked if it was right that he used this trick and the answer was no. Then WTF did his mom answer his questions in the first place?
Dad also said that I shouldn't do this thing, because nterfering with the spirit world could brake the balance between worlds. Then WTF would Gold allow us to communicate with it? Why wouldn't He stop any connection to the spirit world?
He told me that this experience made him feel uncomfortable and doesn't know why. I thought that maybe his subconscious knew that all of this was bullshit and was desperate because the conscious mind wouldn't listen.
He claimed that he knows maths and physics so he thinks logical, also he's not insane, so I shouldn't laugh (by the way, I didn't laugh, I only bit my lip).
Father stated that the Universe is complex and ballanced, and it must have been created by a God because of that. Then what created God?
After that he showed me the news. It was something about clinical death and out of body experience. An old physist said his theory about the other world and talked about out of body experience cases. Also a guy who claimed to have been very sick and healed after he saw a blond angel with blue eyes.
It's the fucking news! They lie all the time to get ratings! And that physist, how can we know that he was legit? Maybe he didn't deserve his degree, maybe he did deserve it but was lying, or maybe he's crazy or senile. And how can we know that the other guy wasn't lying or hallucinating?
Father doesn't believe in Hell, not in Eternal Hell at the very least, and he does aknowledge that some things in the Bible are false and written by men, like the Earth being flat.
He doesn't take criticism well at any topic including religion. I thought that maybe I should never tell him about my atheism, but then I asked myself what would he say if I would marry and not have a religious ceremony, or if I would have a child and not baptize it as an infant? I know that at that time I will not depend on him much, but i still don't want to fight with him.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: Jet again forced to believe
Be true to yourself, If he cannot accept your life choices then it is his loss.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(August 4, 2017 at 10:39 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Be true to yourself, If he cannot accept your life choices then it is his loss.

Thank you.

Charlie Chaplin
Um, your dad sounds like he's batshit crazy.
If I had to endure that shit on a regular basis I'd buy a new sim card.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(August 4, 2017 at 12:26 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Um, your dad sounds like he's batshit crazy.

I know.

Charlie Chaplin
Yeah - the Unabomber had a 160 IQ but was still out of his mind.  Smart has nothing to do with crazy.
If he wants to biblically communicate with the dead, drop a bible on the floor and let it open to a random page, then grab the ouija pointer and start yaking.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Your pappy sounds very mentally unbalanced. I am sorry but this sort of belief or behavior is really bordering the insane if not gullible. I am not sure if defending your positions will help because if this is his actual set of beliefs then I can only say that he will only dig himself in further if you become defensive. I am sure you know him better than us dweebs typing in our chairs but this shit is just hilarious and sad
Ut supra, ita inferius
[Image: 0c112e9da4d42c24a073c335a3e38de1_zpsezmp...g~original]
Uƚ ƨuqɿɒ, iƚɒ inʇɘɿiuƨ
(August 4, 2017 at 12:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yeah - the Unabomber had a 160 IQ but was still out of his mind.  Smart has nothing to do with crazy.

Sometimes I find it difficult to differentiate between stupidity and insanity. I know that someone who isn't very curious isn't interested in learning is stupid, and someone who hears voices that don't exist is insane. But what about someone who is 100% sure that aliens live among us? That person may be insane, because the belief is totally detached from reality, or stupid, because that person didn't think things through.

Charlie Chaplin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7890 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Question Why disbelievers believe? They believe in so called “God of the gaps”. theBorg 49 8503 August 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Gay teen forced to sex his mother Foxaèr 56 17461 June 9, 2015 at 10:21 am
Last Post: comet
  Ban forced religious studies in schools xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx 44 14365 March 5, 2013 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: jstrodel
  Ban religion to be forced on by parents xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx 5 1849 March 3, 2013 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx
  drug rehab state sponsored forced acceptance of god darkblight 24 6926 July 2, 2011 at 6:19 am
Last Post: LastPoet