Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The WLB Wants To Fuck Over Nursing Home Patients
The WLB Wants To Fuck Over Nursing Home Patients
Is there no end to this prick?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/us/po...te%20House

Quote:Trump Moves to Impede Consumer Lawsuits Against Nursing Homes

Quote:WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is pushing to scrap a rule that would have made it easier for nursing home residents to sue nursing homes for injuries caused by substandard care, abuse or neglect, bringing its campaign to relax federal regulations to the delicate business of care for older Americans.

The push would undo a rule issued by the Obama administration that would have prevented nursing homes from requiring that consumers agree to resolve any disputes through arbitration rather than litigation. Nursing homes routinely require consumers to sign an arbitration agreement as a condition of admission to the home.

If they just shoot them it will cut down on medical costs.
RE: The WLB Wants To Fuck Over Nursing Home Patients
People live an average of six months in nursing homes. Seems like they should be able to get at least nearly-standard care.
Jesus Christ! Trump wants to make it so neglected nursing home patients can't sue, and this Parkinson douchebag doesn't like that arbitration agreements have to be in plain language!

“There is no justification for singling out arbitration in this manner,” Mark V. Parkinson, the president and chief executive of the association, said in a letter to federal officials. He asserted that the federal government had no legal authority to regulate arbitration agreements between nursing homes and their residents.
Lol this is less about nursing homes than about erasing any and all evidence of Obama's administration.

Missed a big one though. Name right on it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 18, 2017 at 2:05 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Lol this is less about nursing homes than about erasing any and all evidence of Obama's administration.

Missed a big one though. Name right on it.

^^^
Had no idea, no idea at the time, but as a kid went Christmas caroling to a few nursing homes in the mid 60s and one of them, upon reflection, was a chamber of horrors.

There was little or no regulation then, and people went where they could afford to go.

The place that sticks in my mind was an ordinary 2 story house, jammed chock a block full of twin beds everywhere, just enough space to walk between them. Maybe there were more staff, but I recall only a single nurse caring for probably 25-30 people. No resident was sitting or standing, all were in bed, most apparently sleeping but I suspect now many were unconscious. No oxygen machines, no PT equipment, and I would bet the restroom/bathroom was not anything beyond what the house was originally built with. I wasn't there at meal time, no idea how that would have, or could have worked.

I recall the stairway upstairs (where most of the residents were) was narrow and had a landing and 90 degree bend halfway up. No idea how anyone who went upstairs as a resident ever came back down. The house would not have been air conditioned then, it had to be an oven inside during the summer.

I don't recall any relative of mine going there, another better place in town did get a few, but back then, most of my relatives died at home or in the hospital.

That place was truly a nightmare, but nobody knew any better then, Hell they let third and forth graders go there to sing about Christmas . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

. . . did I mention the smell ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2120 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1328 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Home Schooling onlinebiker 15 646 August 13, 2020 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  So ....... who wants to go bowling? ignoramus 15 1378 April 26, 2020 at 8:32 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2124 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  West Virginia, WH dumbass, send him home. Brian37 42 2848 March 18, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Shot in her own home! Brian37 119 7124 October 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Sen. Moscow Mitch Injured at Home DeistPaladin 21 3477 August 12, 2019 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Fireball
  More proof 45 wants blind loyalty. Brian37 22 2530 December 8, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  See, In This I Think They Are Being Unfair To the WLB Minimalist 12 1682 December 6, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin