Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question regarding alerts.
A question regarding alerts.
Is there a way to prevent alerts from being sent when someone on our block list quotes us? If not, this would be a terrific add to the functionality of the board. I only have a few people on my block list, but to say I have no interest in what they may be quoting me about is a severe understatement.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
RE: A question regarding alerts.
I don't understand this GB. You've blocked them for a reason, so why not click 'delete all alerts' and be done with it.

Eta.
Or maybe I'm shooting from the hip with that one. Do you mean e-mail alerts? If so; I still don't know.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(August 20, 2017 at 7:48 pm)Succubus Wrote: I don't understand this GB. You've blocked them for a reason, so why not click 'delete all alerts' and be done with it.

Eta.
Or maybe I'm shooting from the hip with that one. Do you mean e-mail alerts? If so; I still don't know.

You're absolutely right. I blocked them for a reason. Therefore, I don't need or want a flag telling me they've quoted me.

On the other hand, I actively use alerts to help keep me appraised of discussions with people who don't land on my block list.
I don't know the answer, but I doubt it's an option.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 20, 2017 at 8:10 pm)Losty Wrote: I don't know the answer, but I doubt it's an option.

I still don't know what the problem is.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(August 20, 2017 at 8:40 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(August 20, 2017 at 8:10 pm)Losty Wrote: I don't know the answer, but I doubt it's an option.

I don't think there is a problem. He was just asking if there's an option to not get alerts from people you have on ignore and suggesting it as an idea.

I think it's a good suggestion. I don't know if it's possible or how much work it would take, but to me it's a given that you shouldn't get alerts from someone you have on ignore. I mean, that's the whole point of the ignore feature.

Not that it would help me any, I'm not allowed to put people on ignore. You lucky bastards
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
We can easily manage orange, green and blue alerts.

However, if you want to go to red alert you have to wait a while until we've changed the bulb.
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 20, 2017 at 7:58 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(August 20, 2017 at 7:48 pm)Succubus Wrote: I don't understand this GB. You've blocked them for a reason, so why not click 'delete all alerts' and be done with it.

Eta.

You're absolutely right. I blocked them for a reason. Therefore, I don't need or want a flag telling me they've quoted me.

On the other hand, I actively use alerts to help keep me appraised of discussions with people who don't land on my block list.

If someone's vapidity has landed them on my ignore list, the only thing I would see is that they responded to one of my posts in some way. Just seeing their handle is OK; I'm not going to go and see what they responded with, as it's sure to be just more vapid shit.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
If you ask our new server nicely I think something appropriate could be set up pretty quickly.

[Image: Artifact-Brain-in-a-Jar.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 20, 2017 at 8:40 pm)Succubus Wrote:

It's not a problem, it's a preference. Kinda like I can set the block list on my phone to never notify me in any way that the robdialers I have blocked tried to hassle me at work, yet again. Sorry I peed in your cheerios by asking a question/making a suggestion, in the sub-forum set up for that purpose.

Losty, you're absolutely correct that it's not a problem. If it's something beyond the software capabilities/not worth the hassle of implementing/only one guy want's it, I'll live with it as I have lived with it since alerts first became a thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regarding Seax Foxaèr 3 1111 March 23, 2021 at 10:06 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Question regarding that heavy ban hammer Foxaèr 16 1872 July 28, 2020 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Alerts Rahn127 30 2836 October 19, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: brewer
  Buddy List Alerts Foxaèr 15 3440 May 2, 2018 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Saving drafts and alerts vulcanlogician 0 827 January 7, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Can't see my alerts Astonished 46 6651 October 7, 2017 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Question regarding post count Joods 38 5150 September 4, 2017 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Regarding the post edit time limit of absolute Doom ErGingerbreadMandude 103 9394 August 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  User alerts gone? abaris 32 5026 December 5, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Problem with Alerts Athene 4 1500 June 21, 2016 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive