Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question regarding post count
Question regarding post count
Not really sure if this goes here, but I think it does. 

If I'm catching up on a busy thread and I want to respond to more than one post, it lumps all my responses into one post. That messes with my post count, which, honestly, while most people don't care about post count, I do care about it. So if I respond to five posts in succession, in a single thread, instead of getting counted as five separate posts, they count as one and the post count does not increase by five. It only increases by one, and it says you've edited the post instead. This doesn't reflect an accurate post count. If you actually want to see separate posts, you'd have to wait an hour before making another post in the same thread. Even if you leave that thread, post elsewhere then come back and post, it doesn't cause you to make a new, separate post. I'm not really sure why this changed or how it makes sense to do that to posts but maybe that can be explained to me.

Perhaps it's time to change that because I'm trying to gain traction on Min's high post count and I can't do that if my posts keep being lumped all together. Currently the staff get to enjoy making multiple separate posts in succession in the same thread and they enjoy a true post count. That is NOT a dig on the staff, just an example of my point. I love the staff and think they do a fabulous job given the fact that they volunteer here. It's also the same thing with the mafia games thread. Posts are separate, no matter how many times you post. I suspect this is due to editing purposes - you can't go back and edit a game post in Mafia. But I think a person should be allowed to have separate posts in all subforums not just the mafia one, as it really doesn't reflect an accurate post count for the members. I'm pretty sure my post count is off by hundreds because of this.

Just a suggestion, nothing more, really.  Please don't take it as whining or anything. I'm more curious to know why it's like this than anything else. And if there's not really a plausible reason, perhaps a change could be made? 

Love you guys! Thanks Tibs for this place. Regardless of the post count issue, I'm grateful this place exists, if not for the understanding and knowledge I've gained, then for the wonderful people I've come to know while here. Heart
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Question regarding post count
Min plays by the same rules.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I am aware of that lol. But at some point, the way the posts were done wasn't like this. When I first joined, we could post as many posts in succession as we wanted in the same thread and they would all be individual posts - not all lumped together.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I have noticed that if I wait a while my posts are separated.

Yep... by like an hour or something like that, but if you're like me and tend to reply to posts quickly, then a half an hour is a half an hour too long lol.

My typing speed alone is 93 words per minute. I'm an impatient gal.
I type with two sausage-like fingers. Perhaps that is the key.

Obviously I'm saddened by my posts being lumped together... because it means I've got no chance in overtaking Min now Tongue

The most unfair part of all: Staff posts don't get lumped together! So if I was still staff I could be 1 million + posts by now! Angry
(September 3, 2017 at 10:08 am)Hammy Wrote: Obviously I'm saddened by my posts being lumped together... because it means I've got no chance in overtaking Min now Tongue

The most unfair part of all: Staff posts don't get lumped together! So if I was still staff I could be 1 million + posts by now! Angry

I see I'm not the only one interested in dominating Min. 

Now, if we could just take away his keyboard... we "might" have a chance.
In all seriousness... providing he doesn't die beforehand, I could easily overtake him if I wanted to. But unfortunately I'm starting to get out MORE and starting to HAVE a life Sad

I remember a time when he was several places behind me and I owned 15% of the forums's posts. Sure the forums were tiny then. But I'd definitely be #1 instead of #2 as post count if I hadn't left AF for over 4 years Angel

I'm the guy who touched a keyboard at 6 years old and within half an hour I could already type like this. I was like born with it and it's super weird because I always think that's the stuff of movies. But it's like some weird autistic thing for me or some shit (speaking of autism, I should be getting assessed before the end of this month).
(September 3, 2017 at 10:23 am)Hammy Wrote: In all seriousness... providing he doesn't die beforehand, I could easily overtake him if I wanted to. But unfortunately I'm starting to get out MORE and starting to HAVE a life Sad

I remember a time when he was several places behind me and I owned 15% of the forums's posts. Sure the forums were tiny then. But I'd definitely be #1 instead of #2 as post count if I hadn't left AF for over 4 years Angel

I'm the guy who touched a keyboard at 6 years old and within half an hour I could already type like this. I was like born with it and it's super weird because I always think that's the stuff of movies. But it's like some weird autistic thing for me or some shit (speaking of autism, I should be getting assessed before the end of this month).

Yeah, your post count is pretty high too.... perhaps I should concentrate on overtaking you first  Devil (large)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regarding Seax Foxaèr 3 1112 March 23, 2021 at 10:06 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Question regarding that heavy ban hammer Foxaèr 16 1872 July 28, 2020 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Does this already exist? If not, count it as a suggestion Reltzik 26 2951 October 3, 2018 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Joods
  A question regarding alerts. Ravenshire 9 2537 August 20, 2017 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Regarding the post edit time limit of absolute Doom ErGingerbreadMandude 103 9453 August 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Post count requirement for starting a thread. CapnAwesome 38 8212 October 6, 2014 at 4:55 am
Last Post: Violet
  Suggesting regarding Kudos / Best-of-AF Jackalope 2 2329 January 2, 2012 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Regarding our Rule on Insults (Please read post before voting) Eilonnwy 51 24202 July 28, 2010 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Question Regarding Shout Daystar 4 4728 November 1, 2008 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Tiberius