Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Harvey/GOP OP/ED......
Hurricane Harvey/GOP OP/ED......
I take this personally, not because of being in a hurricane, but because members of my family buy the GOP bullshit "don't tax the rich" but get government aid constantly. I may hate GOP policy and economics, but no, I don't want people do die in disaster or lose their homes. I do however want those GOP voters to remember, what they voted for when they put their hands out if they are affected.

My older sister suffers from mental health issues, has never been able to hold a job and depends on her boyfriend and mother. But has taken government aid. I don't blame her. I do blame the vile GOP whom have for decades convinced the working class and working poor to fund corporate welfare. 

Now Texas is going to get hit, a majority red state, that means GOP voters will get the brunt of it. I don't want to see anyone die, I don't want to see property damaged. But, if you are going to ask for help, then you cant complain about government funding to get that help. But the same can be said for Social Security, Medicaid/Medicare and yes, food stamps.

What GOP voters are not getting, is that when they vote for cuts, those cuts are going to fuel a future bubble to protect tax breaks billionaires and CEOs DON'T NEED. Taxes that urban, suburban and rural voters have to compensate for. 

So to those whom live in Texas, whom are in the path, get out of the way if you can. But if you or your property are affected, ask yourself, is that help you will get after, coming from a future bubble, is it coming out of your own pocket? If a billionaire's mansion or business in coastal Texas gets hurt, whom will need the money more, a billionaire, or a truck driver?

Who has the means to withstand hard times better, a billionaire, or a teacher, a billionaire, or a welder, a billionaire, or a auto mechanic?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The PR Wing Of The GOP BrianSoddingBoru4 175 13248 June 18, 2022 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP chooses to protect former guy and big lie. Brian37 11 820 June 1, 2021 at 6:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Now the GOP trots out dirt on Hunter Biden onlinebiker 89 5615 October 21, 2020 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hurricane Laura Gawdzilla Sama 11 712 August 28, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  How Low Can the GOP/POTUS go? OP/ED Brian37 15 958 March 29, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hurricane Michael created by Democrats Foxaèr 6 1050 October 12, 2018 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Amarok
  GOP now wants civility in scotus hearing? Brian37 15 1346 September 7, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  All migrants are violent according to GOP.... Brian37 0 268 August 23, 2018 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Brian37
  WSJ Demands GOP Leadership Strip the WLB of Tarriff Powers Minimalist 6 649 June 9, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another GOP Sleazebag Packs It In Minimalist 0 294 April 6, 2018 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist