Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Networks
Social Networks
[youtube]55ziPe4Cv9Y[/youtube]

Quote: .....As if Every thought that tumbles through you head was so clever it would be a crime for it not to be shared....

What do you think about social networking sites? Are you a member of any?
RE: As if............
Personally, I don't see the big attraction. Ok, so they are good for catching up with old friends, but then you have to speak to them all the time!!!

Im not a member of Facebook, twitter, MSN, or any others, I don't know many others. Are there many others?

I go through really strange behavioural periods when I delete everyone from my twitter, Msn, and Facebook. I deleted like all 400+ people I had on facebook and now I am slowly re-adding :S

But then I did almost get autistic on an online autism test.

I think it's similar to when I deleted the vast majority of music I made and then regretted it.

And when I left one of my former homes and only brought my very favourite of my favourist possessions with me when I could have quite easily taken so much more of my stuff that I really wanted and I knew it :S
lol. nice work.
(October 22, 2010 at 9:58 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: I go through really strange behavioural periods when I delete everyone from my twitter, Msn, and Facebook. I deleted like all 400+ people I had on facebook and now I am slowly re-adding :S
I've noticed. I have three emails from Twitter saying you are now following me, and two from Facebook asking me to become your friend. Tongue
I have a MySpace account that I rarely use. No plans on getting a Facebook account. Turned off the Social features on my Gmail account.

I do visit quite a few forums though.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
My facebook account is mainly used for keeping in touch with family and friends.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Is there other social networking places than this place? Blasphemy!
I have a Facebook account, which is pretty much obligatory for a student, and that's about it.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
I'm a member of a few social networking sites, some are professional. It kind of comes with the territory.

I just saw the Social Network this morning. Is it just me, or is every person in that movie worthy of a dope slap? You have weird hopped up jocks, asperger's nerd boy and that fucking horribly annoying Napster kid character. I hope these people aren't that unbearable in real life.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Media Foxaèr 3 479 September 30, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I no longer accept social distancing. onlinebiker 11 1223 April 13, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 797 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Ya knooow, Monica smells; oh ma gosh!: implicit hate and grudge in social life WinterHold 10 1461 July 20, 2018 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Social media and sexual harrasment GODZILLA 40 5482 July 5, 2018 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  How would you respond? (A social experiment) Foxaèr 53 5741 March 24, 2018 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheism may be contributing to my social isolation Alexmahone 10 1607 March 17, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  How Social Media Is Dumbing Down Our Society Foxaèr 5 2216 July 17, 2017 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Social network experiment dyresand 12 2116 February 5, 2016 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Social Anxiety With High IQ, Empathic Abilities, And Intelligence Foxaèr 6 1554 January 28, 2016 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin