Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McConnell Pulls The Bill!
McConnell Pulls The Bill!
In addition to his dick.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41402164

Quote:Republican push to repeal Obamacare collapses

Quote:A Republican plan to replace Obamacare will not be voted on this week, effectively signalling its collapse.
The party leadership said the bill would not come to the Senate floor after a third "no" vote emerged.
Susan Collins said she could not back the "deeply flawed" bill, despite a call from President Donald Trump and promises of money for her state.
It was a major blow for the president and Republican leadership, who have made Obamacare's repeal a top priority.

But of course, the republicunts would not be republicunts if they weren't always threatening to wreak more damage to the country.

Quote:They now turn their attention to tax reform.

Watch them forget all about their previous objections to "deficits."

Lying fucks.
RE: McConnell Pulls The Bill!
Quote:A Republican plan to replace Obamacare will not be voted on this week, effectively signalling its collapse.
The party leadership said the bill would not come to the Senate floor after a third "no" vote emerged.
Susan Collins said she could not back the "deeply flawed" bill, despite a call from President Donald Trump and promises of money for her state.
It was a major blow for the president and Republican leadership, who have made Obamacare's repeal a top priority.

Yeah, those amendments funneling extra money to those states who's Senators weren't on board were definitely going to be challenged, and I think would likely be found unconstitutional anyhow. There's precedent for that, but I forget which clause/amendment the precedent hinged on.

Quote:Watch them forget all about their previous objections to "deficits."

Lying fucks.

They only seem to care about deficits when they're not expanding the military or cutting taxes for the ultra rich.
Personally I think the panic is to avoid the public from realizing the obvious, that paying the majority of our health care bills to middlemen as insurance profit is stupid... Single payer is the only sensible compassionate path.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(September 26, 2017 at 3:08 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

Yeah, those amendments funneling extra money to those states who's Senators weren't on board were definitely going to be challenged, and I think would likely be found unconstitutional anyhow.  There's precedent for that, but I forget which clause/amendment the precedent hinged on.

Quote:Watch them forget all about their previous objections to "deficits."

Lying fucks.

They only seem to care about deficits when they're not expanding the military or cutting taxes for the ultra rich.

They only care when there is a democrat in the white house. 

They must have truly been shocked when Collins couldn't be bribed.  Very unrepublicunt of her.
Meh. Passing tax cuts is the only thing these cocksuckers are good for anyway. Time for more of that trickle-down magic to not work again.
(September 26, 2017 at 3:08 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Yeah, those amendments funneling extra money to those states who's Senators weren't on board were definitely going to be challenged, and I think would likely be found unconstitutional anyhow. There's precedent for that, but I forget which clause/amendment the precedent hinged on.

I forget the clause as well, which is annoying because there was an article about it the other day. Susan Collins made another great point in her press release:

Quote:...if Senators can adjust a funding formula over a weekend to help a single state, they could just as easily adjust that formula in the future to hurt that state. This is simply not the way that we should be approaching an important and complex issue that must be handled thoughtfully and fairly for all Americans.
GOP bitch slapped for over 7 years. Loving it.
(September 26, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Brian37 Wrote: GOP bitch slapped for over 7 years. Loving it.

They're not even getting bitch slapped.

They just keep getting their dicks caught in the zipper. 'Cause who knew it was this complicated?
Have you ever seen a sadder group of old white fucks?

[Image: 27dc-health1-master768-v2.jpg]

They did so want to strip health care from millions of poor and middle class people.

Here you go, Divi Tiberio

Quote:Article I, section 8 of the Constitution says “all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.”
(September 26, 2017 at 4:25 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(September 26, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Brian37 Wrote: GOP bitch slapped for over 7 years. Loving it.

They're not even getting bitch slapped.

They just keep getting their dicks caught in the zipper. 'Cause who knew it was this complicated?

Whatever metaphor you like, that works too. Either way those clowns keep making themselves look like Mo, Larry and Curly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House Bill 6720 Jehanne 19 2523 December 16, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I Think Bill Maher Lied CarveTheFive 23 1320 May 17, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1194 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Harriett Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill Fake Messiah 141 6125 January 27, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mitch McConnell finally recognizes BIDEN. Brian37 21 1236 December 15, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Panel of Karens pulls a Karen on being a karen tackattack 21 1033 August 7, 2020 at 8:52 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Heineken pulls sponsorship from sports team Brian37 0 254 May 31, 2019 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Clinton campaign declined Bill Maher's help cause he's an atheist. CapnAwesome 21 1540 September 21, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Bill Daily dead at 91 Foxaèr 1 347 September 10, 2018 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bill Cosby Guilty! c172 139 21556 May 11, 2018 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear