Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from a culturally Amenian-Catholic!
Hello from a culturally Amenian-Catholic!
Howdy,
my name is Paul but my nickname is Arsoo, and I'm glad to be a part of this forum. I'm currently an agnostic, but I still practice certain religious rituals because of my cultural upbringing and the fact that I live within close proximity to my parents, siblings, cousins, etc. Therefore, I am not exactly a believer in Armenian Catholic faith, but I am culturally Armenian-Catholic.
I still wrestle with particular thoughts. Some days I ask myself what it is that I actually believe. I cannot fully answer it. I think the whole question of whether a creator exists or not is difficult to answer. Either answer to that question (either a creator exists, or a creator doesn't), wouldn't really surprise me. One one hand I think that this is a complex universe, so intelligent design could definitely answer some big questions. However, another part of me thinks just because we don't know exactly how the universe began or how everything came to be, doesn't mean that X (or a creator) is the answer. At this point, we just don't know. I still sometimes fear the notion of a potential negative afterlife, so my first question will likely be regarding that. I would love to get some rational answers rather than the answers I receive in my community which aren't helping me get over this rather unrational fear. A young man shouldn't have to wake up in cold sweat from time to time because of some fear that was placed into him when he was 5 years old.
If there are any questions, ask away.
Have a nice day,
Arsoo.
RE: Hello from a culturally Amenian-Catholic!
Welcome to the forum.

Amenian???? hehehe Love your hats.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome!

Can only Armenians be Armenian Catholic?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Welcome Arsoo. I hope you enjoy our forums.
Welcome aboard, good luck with the fear.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hi and welcome! Smile

-Teresa
Catholic Lady is another member here, she eats magic crackers too. I used to. You'll like her, even if you, like me don't buy the supernatural stuff anymore. I am a former Catholic.

Anywho, be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.
Welcome sir! I hope you find what you're looking for here.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Welcome matey... Good to have you here.

If you eventually find God, please let us know.

But don't waste your time looking for God here!
We've already checked under the couch, behind the cushions, in the dryer, etc Dunno

[Image: 1wu72i.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Struggling with Catholic Partner Satch 22 3112 November 17, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Aractus
  From the only predominantly super-Catholic country in Asia Quartz 10 2795 July 4, 2015 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Hello from a Catholic Catholic_Lady 31 3365 June 17, 2015 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Hello, recovering Catholic here abaris 28 3618 October 19, 2014 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Hello All, I Was Brutally Raised Catholic Eel_LahjicK 11 2383 August 15, 2014 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Bug from catholic to antitheist in 30 years laikashuman 24 3109 June 20, 2014 at 11:33 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  New here, Irish Ex-catholic Terr 18 6064 June 5, 2013 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Terr
  Former Roman Catholic Here Sagasa 24 6241 March 22, 2013 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Catholic user here CleanShavenJesus 31 7660 February 13, 2013 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Anymouse
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5956 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus