Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed?
Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed?
It's about 11:00 at night, you need to sleep as you have work/school the next day. For some reason, you cannot find a comfortable position in bed. Either your head is uncomfortable, or you need to use the washroom, maybe the temperature is off. You just can't find a "comfy" position. You look at the clock, suddenly it's 1:00 a.m. "I can still get 4-5 hours if I sleep now", you say to yourself. Still no luck. You notice the fact that it's getting later, and maybe you managed to get an hour or two of really poor quality sleep without realizing it, still, you aren't really comfortable. Then, you look at the clock, or your alarm goes off, and you realize you need to get up in the next five minutes. SUDDENLY, every position you assume yourself to feels comfortable! You lie there, and you think to yourself, WHY? Why couldn't I have felt like this when I went to bed at 11:00 last night?
RE: Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed?
(September 30, 2017 at 2:10 am)Arsoo Wrote: It's about 11:00 at night, you need to sleep as you have work/school the next day. For some reason, you cannot find a comfortable position in bed. Either your head is uncomfortable, or you need to use the washroom, maybe the temperature is off. You just can't find a "comfy" position. You look at the clock, suddenly it's 1:00 a.m. "I can still get 4-5 hours if I sleep now", you say to yourself. Still no luck. You notice the fact that it's getting later, and maybe you managed to get an hour or two of really poor quality sleep without realizing it, still, you aren't really comfortable. Then, you look at the clock, or your alarm goes off, and you realize you need to get up in the next five minutes. SUDDENLY, every position you assume yourself to feels comfortable! You lie there, and you think to yourself, WHY? Why couldn't I have felt like this when I went to bed at 11:00 last night?

Yes I do feel like that sometimes. But for me the solution is to just read a maths textbook and I'll fall asleep without realizing it. Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

almost every time...
~ Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give a man a religion and he'll die praying for a fish.
(September 30, 2017 at 2:10 am)Arsoo Wrote: It's about 11:00 at night, you need to sleep as you have work/school the next day. For some reason, you cannot find a comfortable position in bed. Either your head is uncomfortable, or you need to use the washroom, maybe the temperature is off. You just can't find a "comfy" position. You look at the clock, suddenly it's 1:00 a.m. "I can still get 4-5 hours if I sleep now", you say to yourself. Still no luck. You notice the fact that it's getting later, and maybe you managed to get an hour or two of really poor quality sleep without realizing it, still, you aren't really comfortable. Then, you look at the clock, or your alarm goes off, and you realize you need to get up in the next five minutes. SUDDENLY, every position you assume yourself to feels comfortable! You lie there, and you think to yourself, WHY? Why couldn't I have felt like this when I went to bed at 11:00 last night?

Every, fucking, night

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 30, 2017 at 3:38 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:

Every, fucking, night

Have you been to see a sleep therapist?  My advice was for occasional insomnia.  I used to have terrible insomnia, pretty much nightly, but have drastically changed my sleep habits over the last decade, and now I have it only occasionally, and know how to deal with it better.  I did a sleepstudy and had therapy and made a lot of lifestyle changes.  It wasn't a quick fix.

Huh, my other post vanished.

Ok, my advice was that if you suffer insomnia of that sort, do not stay in bed! Get up and go do something quietly until you feel sleepy. No screens, if you can avoid it. Read a book or play solitaire, that sort of thing. Same advice if you wake int he middle of the night and cannot get back to sleep. Basically what Magi said.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Ayup. Has got to do something with endorphins or something.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Just looking at her makes me stay up.
HA ha.... Samuel Jackson's version of that was much cooler.

Big Grin
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

When you get that "Uncomfy" feeling, take some acetaminophen or naproxen sodium. Works for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Gawdzilla where ever you are. arewethereyet 6 416 January 12, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Do you get bored? zwanzig 19 1000 June 14, 2023 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy? Uberpod 25 1421 December 3, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 313 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 707 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 687 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2086 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 643 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1480 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  [Serious] How do you get over your past mistakes? [Please Don't judge me] GODZILLA 12 1143 June 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4