Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy World Teacher Day!
Happy World Teacher Day!
Happy World Teacher day to all the other teachers out there!

I know I appreciate many of my fellow teachers, as well as the teachers who made me who I am today.  Without them, I don't know where I'd be. I also appreciate my children's teachers, for helping mold them into the fine young ladies they're becoming.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: Happy World Teacher Day!
I'd buy you a drink if you lived close enough.

My mother was a teacher. Quite frankly don't know how teachers do it. Especially those teaching kids during the rebellious years. 

Tips Hat!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
My late mother was teacher, taught from the 1960s to the early 90s. I had her in grade school for a year growing up in the 70s. I wont claim we got along back then, she was much more an authoritarian back then. She taught in the Suburbs of DC. It was double edge sward for me because we were Redskins fans. If the Skins won she would not give the kids homework on Monday. If the Skins lost, the class would get homework but the other kids would blame me.

But even back then she loved me, never stopped supporting me even with all our differences. My mom was so well loved that in the mid 2000s one of her students whom she had as a 6th grader in the late 80s invited his wedding in Alabama. We drove from NC Alabama to the wedding.

Teachers are underpaid. Sad that a moron like 45 made more than my mother. I'd take her as a parent over that asshole every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
(October 5, 2017 at 6:26 pm)Brian37 Wrote: My late mother was teacher, taught from the 1960s to the early 90s. I had her in grade school for a year growing up in the 70s. I wont claim we got along back then, she was much more an authoritarian back then. She taught in the Suburbs of DC. It was double edge sward for me because we were Redskins fans. If the Skins won she would not give the kids homework on Monday. If the Skins lost, the class would get homework but the other kids would  blame me.

But even back then she loved me, never stopped supporting me even with all our differences. My mom was so well loved that in the mid 2000s one of her students whom she had as a 6th grader in the late 80s invited his wedding in Alabama. We drove from NC Alabama to the wedding.

Teachers are underpaid. Sad that a moron like 45 made more than my mother. I'd take her as a parent over that asshole every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Thanks for inserting a derail Brian. Just what this thread needed.

Edit: Apologies teachers.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 5, 2017 at 6:52 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(October 5, 2017 at 6:26 pm)Brian37 Wrote: My late mother was teacher, taught from the 1960s to the early 90s. I had her in grade school for a year growing up in the 70s. I wont claim we got along back then, she was much more an authoritarian back then. She taught in the Suburbs of DC. It was double edge sward for me because we were Redskins fans. If the Skins won she would not give the kids homework on Monday. If the Skins lost, the class would get homework but the other kids would  blame me.

Thanks for inserting a derail Brian. Just what this thread needed.

Edit: Apologies teachers.

You got me because stiffing investors is such a moral lesson.

My mom's biggest lesson to me was always, "fuck you I got mine". OH WAIT.

She was a teacher, she was not a grifter. If you want me to apologize for pointing out that 45 will never measure up to her, I won't. 

45 could never hold a candle to my mom.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OMG it's World Peace Day Ahriman 64 3257 September 23, 2023 at 6:08 am
Last Post: no one
  The Happy Thansgiving Day thread! Jehanne 10 728 November 24, 2022 at 1:53 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Happy Veterans Day... arewethereyet 28 1695 November 14, 2022 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Happy Father's Day!! Jehanne 24 1553 June 22, 2022 at 9:01 am
Last Post: brewer
  Happy Mother's Day. arewethereyet 7 529 May 9, 2022 at 4:45 am
Last Post: anlogue
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 430 May 5, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Happy Dyngus Day onlinebiker 5 358 April 18, 2022 at 8:02 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Fine - I'll do it - Happy Whatever You Celebrate Eve/Day arewethereyet 20 1137 December 25, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Happy RUSH day! no one 15 1213 December 23, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 823 May 4, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Duty