Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What atheism is REALLY all about
What atheism is REALLY all about
If only Fulton J Sheen were alive today.

He was sort of the "Catholic Billy Graham." A major Catholic preacher of the 1950s and 60s. 

He seems to sum up you atheists really well and really "hits the nail on the head" in describing how you guys really are just angry/scared of God at some level!

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/672990-...ove-so-all

Well.. is he right....or IS HE RIGHT?

For being an old man he is kind of a dashing rogue isn't he? Sort of like clark gable meets count chocula!
RE: What atheism is REALLY all about
Hello TrueChristian
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 11, 2017 at 11:33 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Hello TrueChristian

Make sure not to just call it out but to report it.

I'm fairly sure I've been told atheism is about eating babies and stealing the half tubs from all the virgin Mary statues.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(October 11, 2017 at 11:33 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Hello TrueChristian

Oh, you recognize a former handle. This should be fun.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I've known some atheists who were angry with apologists, especially those who are condescending about it. In fact that can be me sometimes. But no atheist I know gives a rat's ass about 'god'. Try again?
Sheens got it right.

You all are atheists because you don't want god, not cuz you don't really think He is there
(October 11, 2017 at 11:46 pm)SisterAgatha Wrote: Sheens got it right.

You all are atheists because you don't want god, not cuz you don't really think He is there

And there it is. The real personality behind the fake account.
~ Erin Hunter
I personally think you atheists should be put into barbed wire camps far away from civilized folk.

You'd like it there, in Kansas or perhaps Utah.

You'd get to be around only atheists and work on fun projects with them.

If we provide booze, dunking donuts and cookies and ice cream galore you won't even mind
(October 11, 2017 at 11:51 pm)SisterAgatha Wrote: I personally think you atheists should be put into barbed wire camps far away from civilized folk.

You'd like it there, in Kansas or perhaps Utah.

You'd get to be around only atheists and work on fun projects with  them.

If we provide booze, dunking donuts and cookies and ice cream galore you won't even mind

So much for the Sister Act, right?
~ Erin Hunter
Lol...
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the roo knows all the answers to atheism Gummro 44 8004 January 29, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  *trigger warning* What if atheism's not all it seems? PhilosophicalZebra 143 26206 December 27, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 26869 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Is atheism really a tenet of communism? IanHulett 17 2764 September 26, 2016 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  going to give my all to atheism Yoplait 46 8052 June 4, 2015 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Atheism all over TV Exian 14 2433 March 25, 2015 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12377 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 11969 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10390 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 11961 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda