Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for those who read Terry Brooks' Sword of Shannara books
Question for those who read Terry Brooks' Sword of Shannara books
So, in case you didn't know, a television show was made from these books, and the second season just started.

I never read the books, but I have a question I'd like answered that the show has not yet answered.

What is the deal with fantasy's usual inhabitants, elves and trolls and etc, residing in a post human world? Is it just something the writer decided to do that was different than typical fantasy portraying its inhabitants as having existed prehuman existence?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Question for those who read Terry Brooks' Sword of Shannara books
(October 12, 2017 at 1:55 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: So, in case you didn't know, a television show was made from these books, and the second season just started.

I never read the books, but I have a question I'd like answered that the show has not yet answered.

What is the deal with fantasy's usual inhabitants, elves and trolls and etc, residing in a post human world?  Is it just something the writer decided to do that was different than typical fantasy portraying its inhabitants as having existed prehuman existence?
I read those ages and ages and ages ago.

I thought it was a neat twist when it was revealed that it was our world but thousands of years from now. I suppose the writer thought so, too!
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
RE: Question for those who read Terry Brooks' Sword of Shannara books
(October 12, 2017 at 2:02 pm)Aroura Wrote: I read those ages and ages and ages ago.

I thought it was a neat twist when it was revealed that it was our world but thousands of years from now. I suppose the writer thought so, too!

So it is that simple. Thank you. Smile
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your favourite books/author The Valkyrie 50 2649 April 28, 2021 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Most Awful Books Ever The Architect Of Fate 18 1406 June 19, 2020 at 3:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  atheism books recommendations WolfsChild 8 971 May 24, 2019 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Books Icy 55 4327 November 27, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  20 books considered the worst Foxaèr 29 4491 July 21, 2018 at 3:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 2020 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Let's Talk About Books Shell B 65 7541 January 22, 2018 at 1:12 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anyone read Name of the Wind/Kingkiller Chronicle? Astonished 8 1872 June 26, 2017 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Anyone want to read and discuss "The Origin of Consc in the Breakdown of the B Mind ? Whateverist 16 2046 October 31, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  David Bowie's 100 Favourite books: How many have you read? Rev. Rye 27 2546 October 22, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4