Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
atheism books recommendations
atheism books recommendations
hi  Bow Down am looking for books into atheism one that have evidence through science and history  Naughty
Heart
RE: atheism books recommendations
Demon-haunted World.
Read any magic book and you'll find those.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It isn't an atheism book per se, but I strongly recommend Carl Sagan's collection of essays,  'Broca's Brain'.  Sagan does a pretty good job of explaining why science is (or should be) the methodology of choice when it comes to understanding the world around us, as opposed to appeals to religion or other 'fuzzy' subjects.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 22, 2019 at 1:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It isn't an atheism book per se, but I strongly recommend Carl Sagan's collection of essays,  'Broca's Brain'.  Sagan does a pretty good job of explaining why science is (or should be) the methodology of choice when it comes to understanding the world around us, as opposed to appeals to religion or other 'fuzzy' subjects.

Boru

Anything by Sagan is worth reading.

@WolfsChild, if you want a good interesting and funny book that really puts the boot into religion try Small Gods by Terry Pratchett. It has no science or history (it's a fantasy novel), but it does hold up a mirror to the world reflecting some very unpalatable truths back to us.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
The strongest book for the support of atheism is, of course, The Holy Bible and the body of religious works.
The Atheist Manifesto : Michel Onfray
The Age of Reason : Thomas Paine
The Diaries of Adam and Eve : Mark Twain

Skeptic magazine and websites.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

'The Case against God' by George Smith is pretty comprehensive and available as a PDF online for free.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
What about "Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan? Parts of this audiobook are read by Seth MacFarlane

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Book Recommendations FrustratedFool 17 971 August 15, 2023 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Your favourite books/author The Valkyrie 50 2550 April 28, 2021 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Most Awful Books Ever The Architect Of Fate 18 1336 June 19, 2020 at 3:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Books Icy 55 4171 November 27, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Online meme maker? Recommendations, please. Gawdzilla Sama 7 361 October 26, 2018 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  20 books considered the worst Foxaèr 29 4382 July 21, 2018 at 3:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Let's Talk About Books Shell B 65 7364 January 22, 2018 at 1:12 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question for those who read Terry Brooks' Sword of Shannara books Foxaèr 2 750 October 12, 2017 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  David Bowie's 100 Favourite books: How many have you read? Rev. Rye 27 2487 October 22, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dan Brown Books. Cecelia 51 4511 September 1, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Alex K