Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believing In God Is Extremely Immature.
Believing In God Is Extremely Immature.
It's the truth. Deal with it.

Imaginary friends to cope with life are not mature. And that's what belief in God effectively is. Deal with it. IT'S REALITY.

Okay I feel sorry for you if you were indoctrinated. I am lucky because I never was. But it doesn't change the fact that IF YOU WERE INDOCTRINATED INTO BELIEVING IN AN IMAGINARY FRIEND YOU WERE INDOCTRINATED INTO CHILDISHNESS.
RE: Believing In God Is Extremely Immature.
Many religions play upon that infantilization, with a father god and all the mortals as children, and no way for those children to fully grow up. It's possibly exploiting things like the need for security that's toward the lower end of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.
Hammy, have you ever wondered why you don't have many friends? Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(October 18, 2017 at 6:03 pm)Hammy Wrote: It's the truth. Deal with it.

Imaginary friends to cope with life are not mature. And that's what belief in God effectively is. Deal with it. IT'S REALITY.

Okay I feel sorry for you if you were indoctrinated. I am lucky because I never was. But it doesn't change the fact that IF YOU WERE INDOCTRINATED INTO BELIEVING IN AN IMAGINARY FRIEND YOU WERE INDOCTRINATED INTO CHILDISHNESS.

Not at all.

Track the design, the lifespan of the Universe. It gotta end somewhere; or in other words: start somewhere.
What's before that start?

(Start)-----we-------(End)

Some say there's nothing, but what does nothing mean if it's out of our context?
I believe on the other hand, that there's an entity outside that humanity known under the term "God"; the creator of all of this.

As a Muslim, believer in the Quran, I believe that the drawing will be like this:

(Start)-----we-------(End) (Start)-----we----------Immortality (hell or heaven)
With God outside of all of this; so he's outside time/space

Jesus, Mohammed, Moses, Abraham...etc all received a message from him, and told humanity about him. Warning humans of that end;asking us to do good deeds in this life.

I think it's a very convenient thing to believe;if you ask me
Good news! The universe was created to ensure your personal survival, believers! You really are that important to the God who created you! You don't even have to wonder why that is, just believe!
(October 18, 2017 at 7:52 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Good news! The universe was created to ensure your personal survival, believers! You really are that important to the God who created you! You don't even have to wonder why that is, just believe!

No; he created us but also created entire galaxies next to us, entire planets and stars, to show us how small and insignificant we are:

Quote:Sura 40, The Quran:
( 57 )   The creation of the heavens and earth is greater than the creation of mankind, but most of the people do not know.
( 58 )   And not equal are the blind and the seeing, nor are those who believe and do righteous deeds and the evildoer. Little do you remember.

But as we exist; bacteria exist too. Because that's what God does: he creates. From planets to stars, to different lifeforms, to meaning and music; to life and death, to humans and dogs.

He is a creator; not an oversized Sultan carrying a curved sword, or an old Zeus carrying thunder bow.
(October 18, 2017 at 7:25 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Hammy, have you ever wondered why you don't have many friends? Big Grin

No. I know why I don't have many friends. It's because people are fucking stupid and they are jealous of my brain.

(joke lol).

LOL look at the poor little theist trying to defend his belief in his imaginary friend and his magic book. Poor Atlas.

I'll give you this Atlas: You are less fucked in the head than MK. I know that's not saying much but please take it as a compliment LOL.
(October 18, 2017 at 8:23 pm)Hammy Wrote:
LOL look at the poor little theist trying to defend his belief in his imaginary friend and his magic book. Poor Atlas.

I'll give you this Atlas: You are less fucked in the head than MK. I know that's not saying much but please take it as a compliment LOL.

It all depends on how you want to handle life crashing into you; belief helps me survive the clash. Also picturing an empty universe is scary to a fishy degree. Like the worst nightmare ever
If you chose to ignore the fishiness of life, and the gloomy empty outer space, that's up to you.

The void is creepy beyond description.
(October 18, 2017 at 8:33 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: belief helps me survive the clash

And that's what theism is all about. Belief in an imaginary friend helps theists cope with life.
(October 18, 2017 at 8:52 pm)Hammy Wrote:
(October 18, 2017 at 8:33 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: belief helps me survive the clash

And that's what theism is all about. Belief in an imaginary friend helps theists cope with life.

Yes; mentioning God rest assures the heart ! This is very well known; you can consider prayer a form of meditation.
Life is harsh and time is short; almost like somebody made it this way so you pray for salvation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When believing false things is comforting Foxaèr 45 5249 September 26, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Came across something on YouTube and had a very immature thought GODZILLA 20 2847 October 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What is the Point of Believing in God Without Religion? Rhondazvous 74 8105 January 6, 2017 at 11:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Even if you choose not to believe in god, you’re actually believing in god Blueyedlion 160 15545 June 5, 2016 at 6:07 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are some people truly better off believing? Razzle 45 8780 May 28, 2015 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: henryp
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19318 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Condemned for not believing Messengers? Mystic 4 1690 April 19, 2014 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Can believing in bullshit be a good thing? Phatt Matt s 54 10584 April 7, 2014 at 11:45 am
Last Post: tor