Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Jesus exist?
Did Jesus exist?
Ok so I created a thread called, 'Where did Jesus get His morality' and for some reason a lot of people doubt Jesus's existence.
So I would love to see some credible books and encyclopedias saying that Jesus did not exist. evilbible.com is an example of something which is not credible.
You can say that Jesus was a fabrication (which historically makes no sense) but this argument has as much crediblity as the idea some creationists think that scientists fabricate fossils for evolution.
I would like to quote Napoleon:
‎"I marvel that whereas the ambitious dreams of myself, Caesar, and Alexander should have vanished into thin air, a Judean peasant – Jesus – should be able to stretch His hands across the centuries and control the destinies of men and nations"
Can you really disagree with that?
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
RE: Did Jesus exist?
Encyclopedia? Really?

Find some credible book that says Santa Clause didn't exist.

I would also like to quote Napoleon:

"history is a set of lies agreed upon"

"If I have to choose a religion, the sun as the universal life giver would be my god"

Since you seem to use him leeringly as unimpeachable authority in your favor, surely you would not think of really disagreeing with him on these points?
(October 28, 2010 at 6:07 am)solja247 Wrote: ‎"I marvel that whereas the ambitious dreams of myself, Caesar, and Alexander should have vanished into thin air, a Judean peasant – Jesus – should be able to stretch His hands across the centuries and control the destinies of men and nations"
Can you really disagree with that?

Replacing the word 'Jesus' with 'Muhammad' works just as well. Praise be to Allah!

'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
Okay, so the Bible says Jesus exists, that is about it. He is only referenced as an object of worship very rarely, but never as a historical figure.

But the Bible has been proved wrong so many times, I trust Spiderman comics more.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
Quote:Replacing the word 'Jesus' with 'Muhammad' works just as well. Praise be to Allah!

Mohammad did exist.
Quote:Encyclopedia? Really?

Its called credibility Wink
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
(October 28, 2010 at 6:36 am)solja247 Wrote: Its called credibility Wink

What you have is not called credibility.
(October 28, 2010 at 6:36 am)solja247 Wrote:
Quote:Replacing the word 'Jesus' with 'Muhammad' works just as well. Praise be to Allah!

Mohammad did exist.

Yes and there are various numbers of historical evidence for it. What about jesus? Is there any historical evidence other than bible?? Either he was an insignificant person for historians which makes no sense considering his miraculous accomplishments, or he didn't existed at all..
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
(October 28, 2010 at 6:36 am)solja247 Wrote:

Mohammad did exist.

So some half crazed, sectarian, mean-to-his-mother, delusional, sadomasochistic, maglomaniac disgrace of a human being named Jesus, who was crucified by the Romans and whose body rotted until no trace of him remained, may well have also existed. But that is not the Jesus you had in mind when you asked, is it?

Suffice it to say one possessing the salient feature set that would uniquely identifies him as Jesus suitable for your worship did not exist.

Then produce some comtemporary accounts of his life.

Funniest thing is that not even the Cathaholic church can do that.

And you would think that if anyone could, they could.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
solja247 Wrote:Mohammad did exist.

My point was that it doesn't mean there was anything special about Jesus, if he existed (which the quote implied there was).
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 38376 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 18996 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4394 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5838 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus decompose? Natachan 77 5867 March 26, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8482 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  How long did Jesus spend in Hell? Gawdzilla Sama 43 7017 February 5, 2018 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12366 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Did Jesus Christ ever tell a joke ? The Wise Joker 12 2698 January 31, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 23796 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd