Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does god got a place for philosophers, or is it just a fairytale for stupids?
Wink 
Does god got a place for philosophers, or is it just a fairytale for stupids?
Well, I don't know. I live in a muslim country and my friends, I consider them as retards in high school cuz they relate everything to our religion and ask me shit like... " did god mention physics and mathematics in quran " and then they get their stupid answers from their " imams " and shit... And they start telling them that " islam is science islam is good " and then I start slamming my head straight directing all my anger towards the wall. Crying inside cause no one seems to understand me nor work his mind a little to get that paradox they live in and the stupidities like... Them going to heaven and sipping champagne and fucking the girl they want, after already doing that even tho they know its not allowed in islam but it's always that mentality of " yeah fuck it we'll pray later and god will forgive us because we are the best people ever, he chosen us, what a nice motherfucker " and it goes on and on, the same shit every day and same questions by me.  What I just said sounds useless but then I wonder how will god deal with philosophers ( I don't beleive in islam's god but yeah let's just imagine ) if they ever pulled out of his hair some truths he could have never guessed, something that will blow his mind, just like the stuff we see from atheists and big thinkers every day. Will he just give him the rank of " god " xD or like... crucify him, or brainwash him with his magical powers, or maybe give up on the duty he kept serving for centuries watching people and cursing them and sending them to hell and heaven like a no lifer in the sky, what a tiring job he got, or like finally realize that there is no absolute truth and that it ain't by saying you are strong you actually are, but it is by proving and doing.
RE: Does god got a place for philosophers, or is it just a fairytale for stupids?
You might want to create an introduction thread.
https://atheistforums.org/forum-11.html
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Does god got a place for philosophers, or is it just a fairytale for stupids?
Hello.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hey, I hope you didn't get me wrong... But I just want to start a debate. I hope I didn't get you wrong also xD. However, thank you for welcoming the way you think you should be.
Philosophers love to discuss/debate god(s) but that does not make then real. It's all man made fantasy. If you believe it's real it becomes fantasy delusion.

Unfortunately this delusion is accepted in most societies. 

What is there to discuss? (I don't debate)
73% of all modern philosophers are atheist.

This was from the largest survey ever taken.

http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=13371

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(October 24, 2017 at 7:47 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Philosophers love to discuss/debate god(s) but that does not make then real. It's all man made fantasy. If you believe it's real it becomes fantasy delusion.

Does an energy welcome it's creation? Let's say god is energy, and we are what he somehow managed to create... Are we welcomed? If not looking at this in a materiallistic way, can we relate whatever we feel is authentic in us to whatever is that energy that created us ( god )? And therefore be accepted as whatever form we exist and take this and claim it as what says that god exists and truly does and put all science away. And then see with feelings. All this thinking, and this way of thinking is what led me to ask what I asked in first and to say what I said in first.

Quote:73% of all modern philosophers are atheist.

Yeah but what I'm tryna guess is, disregarding the people that are " beleivers ", if ever 73% of these modern philosophers brainstormed god xD, what kind of result we would get? Like, I'm trying to to get me to realize what is the result of brutal honesty with a " god " that I imagine is to take strict decisions the day he'll punish everyone even tho it may feel wrong.
(October 24, 2017 at 7:59 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: 73% of all modern philosophers are atheist.

http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=13371

It’s too bad the survey’s sample group wasn’t more international. The preponderance of Anglophone philosophers working within the analytic tradition was bound to skew the results. In fairness, the article points that out. But I would be quite interested to see results that included responses from philosophers working throughout the world.

The correlations noted toward the end were interesting and reveal what could be seen as professional biases and blind spots.

Thanks for the link, Simon Moon.
(October 24, 2017 at 8:08 pm)MixedUpSatan Wrote:
(October 24, 2017 at 7:47 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Philosophers love to discuss/debate god(s) but that does not make then real. It's all man made fantasy. If you believe it's real it becomes fantasy delusion.

Does an energy welcome it's creation? Let's say god is energy, and we are what he somehow managed to create... Are we welcomed? If not looking at this in a materiallistic way, can we relate whatever we feel is authentic in us to whatever is that energy that created us ( god )? And therefore be accepted as whatever form we exist and take this and claim it as what says that god exists and truly does and put all science away. And then see with feelings. All this thinking, and this way of thinking is what led me to ask what I asked in first and to say what I said in first.

Lets say god is a giant bear-lion-eagle who defecated us into creation. Are we welcomed? Can we relate? 

It's a fantasy. You get to make it (god) be anything you want it to be. You want to be welcomed and accepted, fine you're welcomed and accepted. You want to talk to it intelligently and be understood, fine, talk to it. You want god to exist and not science in this fantasy, go for it. 

It's all make believe. You get to make the relationship what ever you want.

Still won't be real.
(October 24, 2017 at 8:26 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(October 24, 2017 at 8:08 pm)MixedUpSatan Wrote: Does an energy welcome it's creation? Let's say god is energy, and we are what he somehow managed to create... Are we welcomed? If not looking at this in a materiallistic way, can we relate whatever we feel is authentic in us to whatever is that energy that created us ( god )? And therefore be accepted as whatever form we exist and take this and claim it as what says that god exists and truly does and put all science away. And then see with feelings. All this thinking, and this way of thinking is what led me to ask what I asked in first and to say what I said in first.

Quote:Lets say god is a giant bear-lion-eagle who defecated us into creation. Are we welcomed? Can we relate? 

It's a fantasy. You get to make it (god) be anything you want it to be. You want to be welcomed and accepted, fine you're welcomed and accepted. You want to talk to it intelligently and be understood, fine, talk to it. You want god to exist and not science in this fantasy, go for it. 

It's all make believe. You get to make the relationship what ever you want.

Still won't be real.
Do you beleive in OOB ( Out Of Body ) experience?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Quran prove God? Mystic 88 10736 October 14, 2018 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Does God never guide disbelievers? Mystic 16 7231 September 24, 2012 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Got this from a Youtube user Gooders1002 17 6879 May 8, 2012 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman
  Iran is a weird fucking place... theVOID 89 32386 June 8, 2011 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Violet