Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran is a weird fucking place...
Iran is a weird fucking place...
Close allies of Iran‘s president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, have been accused of using supernatural powers to further his policies amid an increasingly bitter power struggle between him and the country’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Several people said to be close to the president and his chief of staff, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei, have been arrested in recent days and charged with being “magicians” and invoking djinns (spirits).

Ayandeh, an Iranian news website, described one of the arrested men, Abbas Ghaffari, as “a man with special skills in metaphysics and connections with the unknown worlds”.

http://www.menwithfoilhats.com/2011/05/i...ack-magic/

And this is in one of the most educated Islamic societies?
RE: Iran is a weird fucking place...
Islam - slightly more insane than Christianity ....... if that's even possible.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Iran is a great example of what happens when religious fucktards run things.
(May 6, 2011 at 11:29 pm)theVOID Wrote: Ayandeh, an Iranian news website, described one of the arrested men, Abbas Ghaffari, as “a man with special skills in metaphysics and connections with the unknown worlds”.
Wow. Obviously holding people in custody without charge is no obstacle to Iranian law enforcement, everyone's guilty until proven innocent.
(May 7, 2011 at 2:46 am)Welsh cake Wrote:
(May 6, 2011 at 11:29 pm)theVOID Wrote: Ayandeh, an Iranian news website, described one of the arrested men, Abbas Ghaffari, as “a man with special skills in metaphysics and connections with the unknown worlds”.
Wow. Obviously holding people in custody without charge is no obstacle to Iranian law enforcement, everyone's guilty until proven innocent.

If they convict him of this can he win the james randi prize?

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 7, 2011 at 2:46 am)Welsh cake Wrote:

The Iranians aren't alone in that......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo_...ntion_camp

Quote:After the United Nations called unsuccessfully for the Guantanamo Bay detention camp to be closed, one judge observed 'America's idea of what is torture ... does not appear to coincide with that of most civilised nations'.[18]
You know what I am thinking? Thats a great way to take out political enemies in a country that is superstitious...accuse them of witchcraft, and if anyone rejects the claim then obviously they too are dabling in witchcraft as well.
(May 7, 2011 at 11:35 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: You know what I am thinking? Thats a great way to take out political enemies in a country that is superstitious...accuse them of witchcraft, and if anyone rejects the claim then obviously they too are dabling in witchcraft as well.

Not a dime's worth of difference between Islam and Christianity.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(May 7, 2011 at 11:50 am)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(May 7, 2011 at 11:35 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: You know what I am thinking? Thats a great way to take out political enemies in a country that is superstitious...accuse them of witchcraft, and if anyone rejects the claim then obviously they too are dabling in witchcraft as well.

Not a dime's worth of difference between Islam and Christianity.

Thats my I specifically said "superstitious" instead of a specific religion.
My bro was going to marry an iranian girl and have to 'become a muslim'.

THANK THE INVISIBLE LORD HE CAME TO HIS SENSES!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woman - Life - Freedom Movement in Iran 2.0 Leonardo17 41 3041 April 5, 2024 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Anti-Hijab movment in Iran Eclectic 192 18292 August 26, 2023 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: AVMXF
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6298 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
  Iran dancing couple given 10-year jail sentence zebo-the-fat 11 1809 February 19, 2023 at 2:19 pm
Wink Does god got a place for philosophers, or is it just a fairytale for stupids? MixedUpSatan 19 2433 October 28, 2017 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: MixedUpSatan
  Were I A Muslim I'd Stop Going To Those Fucking Mosques. Minimalist 11 3282 June 26, 2017 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  These people are fucking nuts! Jehanne 25 5451 August 25, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  Men wear Hijab in Iran in support of womem ReptilianPeon 25 4493 August 18, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  These Fucking People Need Fewer "Shrines" Minimalist 1 793 January 31, 2016 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  About fucking time, Saudi Arabia... Rev. Rye 50 18424 September 30, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: TruthWorthy