Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Love Alabama Political Ads
Why I Love Alabama Political Ads
I love the Republican political advertisements in Alabama. Sometimes, I wonder if they hire the guys from SNL to make up all this garbage! One of my favorite attack ads is one involving governor candidate Bradley Bryne. Apparently, he isn't well liked by right-wing "Christian" Republicans.

I fail to see how Bryne's view on evolution and the Bible will affect is politics. If anything, I'd be more willing to vote for him because he might be more likely to support the school system, especially since the major changes in textbooks took place recently in Texas. The public school system is terrible in Alabama, and we could use all the help we can get!
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen
RE: Why I Love Alabama Political Ads
You know what's really funny about these asswipe conservatives today?

They'd throw Barry Goldwater, Dwight Eisenhower, and Ronald Reagan out of their party.

Quote:I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of 'conservatism.' "

Senator Barry Goldwater

Quote:Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote:"Whatever else it is, homosexuality is not a contagious disease like the measles. Prevailing scientific opinion is that an individual's sexuality is determined at a very early age and that a child's teachers do not really influence this."

Ronald Reagan, while Governor of California

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1304 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Alabama Preacher Admits having AIDS, Sleeps with Flock JesusHChrist 10 2928 October 9, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Why Christians should Love Sodomy MindForgedManacle 0 1011 February 4, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  Why did god give mankind faulty love genes? Brakeman 4 1951 September 20, 2013 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  "why I Hate Religion, but Love Jesus" CleanShavenJesus 3 2408 June 28, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Churches taunt the IRS by violating 501-c laws on political activism Ziploc Surprise 22 10579 June 26, 2012 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  N.C. church may loose tax exempt status for engaging in political activity. Ziploc Surprise 11 4652 May 25, 2012 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Christian group books anti-gay ads to appear on buses Gooders1002 30 11229 April 14, 2012 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Cinjin
  God cannot love or be Love. Greatest I am 0 1395 December 30, 2011 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am